What is wrong with the Flyers and how do you fix it?

Fizz

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh i know you always have been. It's not a news flash. Just own the hate. You can do it. :beer:

Tell you what....if the Flyers slogan for 2021/22 season is "Embrace the Hate" I'd actually want a Flyer slogan shirt for the first time since they came up with the stupid idea.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Tell you what....if the Flyers slogan for 2021/22 season is "Embrace the Hate" I'd actually want a Flyer slogan shirt for the first time since they came up with the stupid idea.

Hey i get it. My hate is for Jake...he led the team in assists...i don't care i want him off the team.

No matter what he does never have i seen a guy collect stats and it almost never amount to anything.

Hell once they were out of playoff contention i think Jake racked up like 10 points in the last meaningless games just to pad his stats further...yet when they need him he is nowhere to be found except to skate the puck into the offensive zone to do one of two things just turn it or or to pass it to someone at the last moment and never to get a shot off.

Right or wrong i want Jake playing for another team in 2021-22. Hopefully JVR follows too and then well there will be plenty of time left to hate on Hollywood but he hasn't been here long enough to draw my hate yet. That could change in the coming year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Ok what about Cole Sillinger, Mike Sillinger's son?

I think with Hayes and Coots getting up there in age and  our other centers in the system like Rubstov, O’ Brian and Patrick being big question marks or even flops, we definitely need to draft a center . Silinger seems like a good pick too, but I like the other guys better due to their size and grit/determination ,which this team needs but Sillinger looks good too. I would prefer more rugged guys to be the eventual replacement for Coots/Hayes. We are stacked with right wing prospects and we have a few good defenseman, so I think center or left wing is what we should hope for. 

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey i get it. My hate is for Jake...he led the team in assists...i don't care i want him off the team.

No matter what he does never have i seen a guy collect stats and it almost never amount to anything.

Hell once they were out of playoff contention i think Jake racked up like 10 points in the last meaningless games just to pad his stats further...yet when they need him he is nowhere to be found except to skate the puck into the offensive zone to do one of two things just turn it or or to pass it to someone at the last moment and never to get a shot off.

Right or wrong i want Jake playing for another team in 2021-22. Hopefully JVR follows too and then well there will be plenty of time left to hate on Hollywood but he hasn't been here long enough to draw my hate yet. That could change in the coming year.

Yes, the team needs to get rid of some overpaid guys. Which is one of the reasons I can't stand Hayes. Just an FYI...

Nolan Patrick, as putrid as his season was cost Philly $97,125 per point. 

Konecny  $167, 764

JVR is slightly higher than Konecny 

Giroux and Voracek are about $192,000 each

Sanheim is about $216,000

Hayes is over $230,000 per point. 

So ya, I hope Voracek and JVR are gone too. AND Hayes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes, the team needs to get rid of some overpaid guys. Which is one of the reasons I can't stand Hayes. Just an FYI...

Nolan Patrick, as putrid as his season was cost Philly $97,125 per point. 

Konecny  $167, 764

JVR is slightly higher than Konecny 

Giroux and Voracek are about $192,000 each

Sanheim is about $216,000

Hayes is over $230,000 per point. 

So ya, I hope Voracek and JVR are gone too. AND Hayes. 

now I'm really depressed. Thanks! :lookssad:

Hayes - someone (Occam?) posted he was injured this season. Frankly I didn't notice any difference. When he gives 100% he can be a good player the problem is he only gives 100% when he feels like it, which seems to me is once or twice a week. 

It's easy to compare him to Voracek as their salaries are fairly close. Plus I'm trying to generate some Hayes-hate, deflect a little from Voracek. I know it won't happen - we like who we like, period. But say you were starting a team and you had to pick one or the other. I'd take Voracek any day, salary, giveaways and all. At least the guy puts up points...oh I forgot they're all "meaningless points" lol.

Voracek = $8.25mil 3 more seasons

Hayes = $7.14mil with M -NTC (can't be traded to 12 teams), 5 more seasons

Hayes is 0.59 pts/game over 9 seasons

Voracek is 0.76 over 13 seasons

Hayes 1 season >50pts

Voracek >50 11 of 13 seasons (one was 49pts)

Hayes 3 0f 9 seasons >= 20 goals (1 was 19)

Voracek 6 of 11 seasons >= 20 goals (incl lockout year 2012-13, 22 goals in 48 games)

I know this won't convince anyone but I predict the current Voracek hate will pale in comparison to what Hayes gets in a year or two. And unlike Voracek Hayes will deserve all of it ha!

19 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hayes - someone (Occam?) posted he was injured this season. Frankly I didn't notice any difference. When he gives 100% he can be a good player the problem is he only gives 100% when he feels like it, which seems to me is once or twice a week. 

It's easy to compare him to Voracek as their salaries are fairly close. Plus I'm trying to generate some Hayes-hate, deflect a little from Voracek. I know it won't happen - we like who we like, period. But say you were starting a team and you had to pick one or the other. I'd take Voracek any day, salary, giveaways and all. At least the guy puts up points...oh I forgot they're all "meaningless points" lol.

Hayes 1 season >50pts

Voracek 6 of 11 seasons >= 20 goals (incl lockout year 2012-13, 22 goals in 48 games)

I know this won't convince anyone but I predict the current Voracek hate will pale in comparison to what Hayes gets in a year or two. And unlike Voracek Hayes will deserve all of it ha!

I'd take Voracek over him too....if only because the contact ends sooner.

• Like 1

Sure that’s another reason, a good reason. But if the contracts were identical I’d still take Voracek. He and Giroux read each other so well....meanwhile Hayes hasn’t developed chemistry with anyone best I can tell.

Well I guess it’s pointless wondering about it, the odds Fletcher can get someone to take either of them are long. And  anyway AV seems to love Hayes’ game for some reason.

Two of the biggest questions heading into next year...

...what to do with Coots and Claude.

I am wondering does Chuckles extend these two this offseason or wait till some time into next season to think about doing so???

My reasoning is could they be possibly be wanting to wait and see how next year goes, considering both are in the last year of their contracts Coots turning 29 and Giroux turning 34 both almost a month a part???

If things are not going well it would give them a chance to pivot and maybe move them both to a contender for a King's ransom???

That could be a midseason blockbuster deal that could help set the Flyers up for years to come if played well.

Anyways gives us something else to ponder besides who sucks more Voracek or Hayes.

The downside is they would have to suck for this to happen.

But with all the kids they have now and the kids like Hart Farabee and Provorov maybe this could push them further along to being closer than two years away from being two years away...

:BrownBag:

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hayes 1 season >50pts

I'd take Hayes over Voracek every day of the week.  I know the difference in points, but he does other things Voracek wouldn't begin to know how to do.

I was the one said he was injured.  Core muscle injury and the difference was palpable.

It's the length and amount of the contract that is concerning and I'll hate him before it's over despite it's not being his fault some imbecile offered him an idiotic contract.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Good Post 1

On 6/2/2021 at 6:09 PM, ruxpin said:

He had a lot of them and everyone knows there's narcotics in pistachios!

Speaking of pistachios and narcotics...

...i seen whisper of Flyers and maybe the Predators reopening discussions of Ryan Ellis maybe in play.

It would basically be 6 years at 6.25 mill cap for the remainder of his contract.

Nothing yet on what would go the other way for this contract....some suggested the 13th pick maybe?

If i see more i will post it here...anyways thought i would add this before calling it a night.

Besides i have to go down stairs i'm out of bourbon...good night all. 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 10:47 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of pistachios and narcotics...

...i seen whisper of Flyers and maybe the Predators reopening discussions of Ryan Ellis maybe in play.

It would basically be 6 years at 6.25 mill cap for the remainder of his contract.

Nothing yet on what would go the other way for this contract....some suggested the 13th pick maybe?

If i see more i will post it here...anyways thought i would add this before calling it a night.

Besides i have to go down stairs i'm out of bourbon...good night all. 

Why give up valuable assets for a 30 year old defenseman with 6 years left on a big contract? I would rather go after Hamilton or some of the free agent defenseman. The last thing we need is another high paid fading player, we have plenty of our own already.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Why give up valuable assets for a 30 year old defenseman with 6 years left on a big contract? I would rather go after Hamilton or some of the free agent defenseman. The last thing we need is another high paid fading player, we have plenty of our own already.

Because i don't think 30 is old.

Hamilton is 28 and won't be escaping North Carolina why would they let him leave when they have 28 mill in cap space and their window is open and having exclusive negotiating rights till free agency starts.

What makes you think Hamilton would want to leave to join a pressure cooker like Philly who is rebuilding??

Ellis at 6.25 mill isn't that much by today's standard and what it will take also to lock Hamilton down.

Flyers have only about 12.7 mill to work with so you want to lock 8+ plus up into one D man??

I don't claim to know the answer. Maybe going after Savard is the safest option.

I wouldn't want to be Chuckles right now...he has a mess on his hands.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, ruxpin said:

I'd take Hayes over Voracek every day of the week.

Hey we have a distraction from the current one now. Maybe use this bum in a trade for a D man.

Not sure any of it is true but many us had already talked about him needing a new address.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

“The reason Nolan Patrick switched agents is because he is going to request a trade,” said SanFilippo. “Nolan Patrick does not want to be here anymore; he doesn’t like the criticism that he’s facing, he doesn’t like the spotlight that’s on him, he doesn’t like the coach, at all. I don’t think Nolan Patrick wants to be here.”

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/jun-2021/patrick-to-ask-for-trade

https://www.thedailygoalhorn.com/nhl-rumors-nolan-patrick-wants-a-trade-blue-jackets-buzz-mitch-marner-not-being-moved-and-leafs-news/

Contract negotiations between the Vancouver Canucks and head coach Travis Green appear to be picking up steam.  Multiple reports have suggested talks have heated up recently, and sources have told TFP a contract extension could be finalized by the end of the season.  In his latest “31 Thoughts” column on Sportsnet.ca, Elliotte Friedman reports that while “there’s a gap,” he expects “Vancouver to get serious with Travis Green in the near future.”  The Canucks and Green discussed an extension last off-season, but tabled talks as the season neared. The two sides have kept an open line of communication and it’s clear talks entering a significant stage with the Canucks’ season set to conclude on May 19.  Green, 50, was named head coach of the Canucks on Apr. 26, 2017.   The Canucks made the playoffs last season, finishing with a 36-27-6 record, losing in the second-round to the Vegas Golden Knights in seven games.  In his first three seasons behind Vancouver's bench, Green has a 102-103-28 record in 233 games. The Canucks are currently 19-20-3 in 42 games this season, with 14 games left on their schedule.

So how about this....

Emil Andrae, Nolan Patrick for Colton Parayko???

Only reason i am suggesting Andrae is because the Blues need a defenseman they won't have to protect in return and i don't want to trade York or Zamula.

Or would it take Sanheim??

Hey another horse corpse...

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey we have a distraction from the current one now. Maybe use this bum in a trade for a D man.

Not sure any of it is true but many us had already talked about him needing a new address.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

“The reason Nolan Patrick switched agents is because he is going to request a trade,” said SanFilippo. “Nolan Patrick does not want to be here anymore; he doesn’t like the criticism that he’s facing, he doesn’t like the spotlight that’s on him, he doesn’t like the coach, at all. I don’t think Nolan Patrick wants to be here.”

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/jun-2021/patrick-to-ask-for-trade

https://www.thedailygoalhorn.com/nhl-rumors-nolan-patrick-wants-a-trade-blue-jackets-buzz-mitch-marner-not-being-moved-and-leafs-news/

Contract negotiations between the Vancouver Canucks and head coach Travis Green appear to be picking up steam.  Multiple reports have suggested talks have heated up recently, and sources have told TFP a contract extension could be finalized by the end of the season.  In his latest “31 Thoughts” column on Sportsnet.ca, Elliotte Friedman reports that while “there’s a gap,” he expects “Vancouver to get serious with Travis Green in the near future.”  The Canucks and Green discussed an extension last off-season, but tabled talks as the season neared. The two sides have kept an open line of communication and it’s clear talks entering a significant stage with the Canucks’ season set to conclude on May 19.  Green, 50, was named head coach of the Canucks on Apr. 26, 2017.   The Canucks made the playoffs last season, finishing with a 36-27-6 record, losing in the second-round to the Vegas Golden Knights in seven games.  In his first three seasons behind Vancouver's bench, Green has a 102-103-28 record in 233 games. The Canucks are currently 19-20-3 in 42 games this season, with 14 games left on their schedule.

So how about this....

Emil Andrae, Nolan Patrick for Colton Parayko???

Only reason i am suggesting Andrae is because the Blues need a defenseman they won't have to protect in return and i don't want to trade York or Zamula.

Or would it take Sanheim??

Hey another horse corpse...

I thought Parayko was 30+ years old. He's only 28.  If the Blues want Patrick AND Sanheim for say...Parayko and a pick, I would do it. No question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

I thought Parayko was 30+ years old. He's only 28.  If the Blues want Patrick AND Sanheim for say...Parayko and a pick, I would do it. No question.

As i said though the only difficulty would be they already have 3 D men they have to protect with NMCs....so Sanheim would cause a problem here....so it is why i offered up Emil he isn't even signed to an entry level contract....and i would even throw in another draft pick to NOT have to include York or Zamula.

But Parayko is the guy i would really want....if we don't go Savard.

• Like 1

Patrick and pick or Andrae for Paryako, sign me up too, add Hagg, who would most likely be squeezed out of PT in a year anyway?

Patrick is cheap, and Hagg is a serviceable pro whose cap hit is decent, 2 players with "upside" Andrea and Patrick and a guy who can play right away.

That reads like a hockey trade.

I wonder who Anthony SanFillippo is talking to?

That article still says he's speculating about Patrick but he's  making some pretty definitive statements as if they're common knowledge. Especially the bit about not liking Vigneault.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I wonder who Anthony SanFillippo is talking to?

That article still says he's speculating about Patrick but he's  making some pretty definitive statements as if they're common knowledge. Especially the bit about not liking Vigneault.

Remember he was an older Flyer writer so i don't know if he is on good terms or not hell he could have an axe to grind....as the best yet they never have to disclose their "anonymous source" with i always have some pause because we never know their true intentions....nothing to really write about?? He y just create something you never have to back with a credible source.

And as far as we know too it could all be real....with so much BS these days you just can never tell.

It reminds me of the Carson Wentz fiasco....a guy who never actually ever said anything about wanting a trade or anything however he also never came out and said he didn't or even try to defend himself or tell his side of the story he just let the media run with it and he let his agent handle it with his current GM.

And now look it is resolved and he is Indy and the Flyers have a 2nd round pick with conditions that if Wentz plays well can turn into a 1st round pick for the Eagles if their QB doesn't work out they have 3 1st round picks they can retool quickly.

So if it can work out like Wentz move Patrick for a solid return i am good with wiping my hands of the drama that seems to be about to linger all summer.

Sorry for the long post.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

So if it can work out like Wentz move Patrick for a solid return i am good with wiping my hands of the drama that seems to be about to linger all summer.

Sorry for the long post.

no need to apologize, this is where I'm landing too, if the return is good, c-ya Nolan. 

I really like the idea of including him in a package for Parayko.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I really like the idea of including him in a package for Parayko.

Me too. But the plan my need tweaking if this article is right. I thought they had to protect Marco Scandella nice he has a NTC but it is modified so maybe they don't.

The notably exposed players: D Vince Dunn, F Jaden Schwartz, D Marco Scandella, F Sammy Blais, F Ivan Barbashev, D Niko Mikkola, D Jake Walman, F Mike Hoffman.

https://thehockeywriters.com/blues-protection-list-prediction-seattle-expansion-draft/

So i ask you would you sweeten it to get Parakyo?? I know i would.

Travis Sanheim

Nolan Patrick

for 

Colton Parayko

Provorov - Parayko

York - Savard/Montour/Larsson

Morin - Myers

Hagg

I see this as an upgrade.