What is wrong with the Flyers and how do you fix it?

Fizz

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Especially once you're married....it might be the easiest path traveled...

:ph34r: 

Im not married, my wife is. She keeps saying it was her wedding. Thats evidence of proof in my book

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Where did this come from a rumor?? Or a suggestion??

mock draft from BSH(Ryan Quigley)....kinda makes it as accurate as a bigfoot sighting I suppose

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Dumba isn't being moved.

Good i don't want him on the Flyers. In my eyes he is only slightly better than Sanheim in his own end.

And that isn't saying very much. Look let me preface this next comment before all the brainiacs start throwing corsi around because i haven't looked at it but to me is seems just so simple (and it's not) to just get rid of the 3 biggest offenders of not being able to defend worth a damn might be a good thing.

Patrick -30

Sanheim -22

Voracek -12

If they can move those guys out who knows how much it would help and yes i know +/- is not the true way to determine that.

But i match up their +/- with the eye ball test and yes they down right suck when he comes to helping keep the puck out the net.

So maybe that is the goal just to eliminate guys who are not willing to do what it takes to defend first.

So if Chuckles sacrificed Sanheim say for Ryan Ellis i can live with that. Sanheim needs a new deal and will want anywhere from 4.5 mill to 6 mill for i think 5 or 6 years so cut off the arm to save the body maybe.

Then if you can flip Jake and Patrick for something in return that is -64 goals trimmed off in my mind.

As i said it isn't that simple +/- i know but i am going with easy math since i am half a bottle in tonight...addition by subtraction...

• Like 1

“I think there’s been a lot of focus on the blue line. To me, the number one priority is our goals against. It was just ridiculous how many goals we gave up last year. That goes back to everything,” Fletcher said. “Goes back to the coaches having a great training camp and using the practice time early in the season to reinforce our systems and our structures. It’s our goaltenders playing better. It’s our defensemen playing better. It’s our forwards managing the puck better.”

“We’re gonna need to look at upgrades to our roster, there’s no question,” Fletcher said. “We’re also going to need the players that are returning to play better, in particular without the puck, and structurally we’re going to need our coaches to get our players back in that structure and reinforce the systems.”

“It’s not just one thing that led us to fall from seventh in the league defensively to the bottom of the pile but you have no chance to win in this league unless you’re at least in the top half of the league defensively,” he said. “We have a lot of work to do.”

“It’s not just one player that’s gonna turn it around,” he said. “It’s everybody, starting with me that has to be much better this year. That has been conveyed to everyone in the organization.”

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

“I think there’s been a lot of focus on the blue line. To me, the number one priority is our goals against. It was just ridiculous how many goals we gave up last year. That goes back to everything,” Fletcher said. “Goes back to the coaches having a great training camp and using the practice time early in the season to reinforce our systems and our structures. It’s our goaltenders playing better. It’s our defensemen playing better. It’s our forwards managing the puck better.”

“We’re gonna need to look at upgrades to our roster, there’s no question,” Fletcher said. “We’re also going to need the players that are returning to play better, in particular without the puck, and structurally we’re going to need our coaches to get our players back in that structure and reinforce the systems.”

“It’s not just one thing that led us to fall from seventh in the league defensively to the bottom of the pile but you have no chance to win in this league unless you’re at least in the top half of the league defensively,” he said. “We have a lot of work to do.”

“It’s not just one player that’s gonna turn it around,” he said. “It’s everybody, starting with me that has to be much better this year. That has been conveyed to everyone in the organization.”

I will give Fletcher his due - he stepped up here and he threw himself under the bus before anyone else and then he blamed the coaching staff after that. That's huge because usually most GMs blame the players. Fletcher blamed himself and his coaching staff first. Wow. That takes balls. I can really respect that. I still worry he's going to do something real dumb, but he's putting this on his shoulders. That's brazen and I totally respect that. 

21 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I still worry he's going to do something real dumb

This doesn't sound like it to me...

“I think we just want to be careful here. We’ve worked hard as an organization for the last seven or eight years to add and draft and develop a lot of young layers,” Fletcher said. “It’s kind of been the focus of the franchise going back to 2014 probably. You gotta be a little bit careful that you don’t change course and start moving by good young players that maybe struggled for a little bit last year. We have to find a way to make them better. We have to get better and we’ll work very hard at that.”