What is wrong with the Flyers and how do you fix it?

Fizz

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

If Krebs doesn't suffer the tear he's a top 5 pick. He looks to have fully recovered. Newhook was about a point and a half per game in college, over a ppg in the A and put up 3 points in 6 NHL games. Not a career but he sure looks like a player to me. Caufield has looked excellent for a rookie on the Habs. Again, York looks good too but the cupboard was pretty full of dmen and we need some forward depth. 

Yeah but York is going to be real special. Just watching him play and I see how he has that ability to slow the game down and let him come to him like all the great players do. He makes things look so easy. It's crazy. His style of play reminds me so much of Brian Leetch. It's insane. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yeah but York is going to be real special. 

So was Provorov. And Ghost. And Sanheim. And Myers. 

Then....Flyers. I don't think we're allowed to draft good dmen or goalies.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

We won't even notice how good York is, or isnt. We will all be too amazed at the dominance of Wade  Fckn Allison! :readytofight:

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

We draft good dmen.  We draft very good dmen.

And then we destroy them.  York is a special player.

The clock is ticking.  Well, something is ticking. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

We draft good dmen.  We draft very good dmen.

And then we destroy them.  York is a special player.

The clock is ticking.  Well, something is ticking. 

The problem with the defensemen is that as soon as they hit to Philadelphia,  the coaching staff goes into full retard mode on how to use them. Provorov is not a power play quarterback or offensive catalyst.  What does Vigneault do? Use him in those roles. 

Gostisbehere is a power play quarterback and offensive catalyst. What does Vigneault do? Plays him in a shut down role and often pairs Ghost with the worst defenders on the team.

The misuse of players on this club is baffling. The other stupid thing is the insistence of left handed/right handed pairings. It should be use your players who have the best chemistry together,  but that almost seems to be too radical of thinking. 

Oh and it looks like the Flyers are probably out on Eichel. Buffalo is apparently including Drysdale, Zegras and the 3rd overall into the talks. So clearly the Ducks are going big game hunting. 

10 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The problem with the defensemen is that as soon as they hit to Philadelphia,  the coaching staff goes into full retard mode on how to use them. Provorov is not a power play quarterback or offensive catalyst.  What does Vigneault do? Use him in those roles. 

Gostisbehere is a power play quarterback and offensive catalyst. What does Vigneault do? Plays him in a shut down role and often pairs Ghost with the worst defenders on the team.

The misuse of players on this club is baffling. The other stupid thing is the insistence of left handed/right handed pairings. It should be use your players who have the best chemistry together,  but that almost seems to be too radical of thinking. 

Oh and it looks like the Flyers are probably out on Eichel. Buffalo is apparently including Drysdale, Zegras and the 3rd overall into the talks. So clearly the Ducks are going big game hunting. 

Completely agree on the Flyers.

Wow on Anaheim. If I'm the Ducks, I keep that package over Eichel.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Completely agree on the Flyers.

Wow on Anaheim. If I'm the Ducks, I keep that package over Eichel.

One player does not make a team.  

See above post. Flyers should just try and pry Parayko out of St. Louie.

It seems like they might be inclined to move him with the guys they have to protect.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CoachX said:

For example? .....

As stated by other posters, Braun, Gus and the Hayes contract. This summer is his chance to put his stamp on the team, AV hopefully is a coach that will be on his way out during this coming year or at the end of the year. Giroux is someone that I hope Fletcher will trade at the deadline depending on where the Flyers are sitting in the standings. He needs to get some veterans D to help the younger ones, a good veteran backup to help Hart so they don't ruin him also. He needs to sit down with AV and tell him to start playing the younger players in bigger roles and move Giroux and Voracek into secondary roles. He needs to determine who his core group is and then start adding pieces to that core and if that means suffering through a couple of bad seasons to having a contending team like Tampa is now then I'm all for it. Problem with Philly is they don't know how to rebuild properly, see the early 90's for example.

I was reading an article that suggested the Flyers might have to make a side deal with Seattle to ensure they take a big contract like JVR. Let's says its him. What side deal would make it work? Could this year's number one be an option, or is that too much? Or, is it even allowed?

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

I was reading an article that suggested the Flyers might have to make a side deal with Seattle to ensure they take a big contract like JVR. Let's says its him. What side deal would make it work? Could this year's number one be an option, or is that too much? Or, is it even allowed?

If the first or second round picks are used, then Schmuck should be fired.  A non playoff team has no businesses giving up their first round picks to either protect or move an asset. If Schmuck did do this, then clearly he didn't learn from his time in Minnesota and Nature Boy is providing him with horrible feedback in terms of asset management.

• Like 3

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If the first or second round picks are used, then Schmuck should be fired.  A non playoff team has no businesses giving up their first round picks to either protect or move an asset. If Schmuck did do this, then clearly he didn't learn from his time in Minnesota and Nature Boy is providing him with horrible feedback in terms of asset management.

so youre against it?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i wasn't sure 🤣

I remember when Schmuck was the GM in Minnesota and he wanted to protect either Brodin, Dumba or Greenway (forget which one it was) and he gave up Alex Tuch to do that. I like Tuch and it's too bad he's in Vegas because if he were on a team that would play him in the second line,  he's capable of 30 to 35 goals a year. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yeah if Anaheim moves him,  wow. That's a ready made number one on a rookie level deal. That's dumb asset management. 

And no sore neck due to auto-colorectal exploration.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Yeah if Anaheim moves him,  wow. That's a ready made number one on a rookie level deal. That's dumb asset management. 

I could see if they were going for it now...they're not. 

So what asset could be attached to JVR or Voracek to make it worth Seattle taking them?

Im thinking NAK is gone otherwise, and I damn sure don't want that! My man OC would be devastated :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

So what asset could be attached to JVR or Voracek to make it worth Seattle taking them?

Im thinking NAK is gone otherwise, and I damn sure don't want that! My man OC would be devastated :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Not really only because I am hoping and praying it is Voracek, JVR or Ghost otherwise yeah not free up much cap space taking him.