Game 36: Flyers vs. Isles 04/03/2021 7:00 pm

27 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

See I read this as an opinion, perfectly valid and I respect it. I just don't see Voracek as "glass half-empty" the way you do. To me his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. I see the same crap you do - I yell at him the most besides Hayes - but I also see the really great plays he makes (which seem to pass unnoticed around here).

I get it. He's the whipping boy, him and the captain. When a team sucks this bad all bets are off and everyone is fair game. But I don't think AV puts him, Giroux and Couturier out there in the final frame because he hates youth or some such nonsense. He knows those 3 give him the best chance at scoring some goals.

I'll let @Samifan answer this one for me.

Sami the floor is yours...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

First, thanks to Occ for relieving me of thread duty.  

Next, we are fairly significant underdogs:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-new-york-islanders-prediction-4-3-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

That is no surprise given our bad play.  It is Varlamov in goal for the Isles, who has been darn good.  Hopefully, Hart doesn't come unglued with an inept defense.  As for Ghost--hope he scores a game winner.

Sadly, I think this is a lost season for the squad.  The best part of this game is giving the youngins a chance to show something.  Shelving Lindblom makes me sad too.  He has fought and won against a potential killer--you hope he returns to old form for his sake and the team. 

I don't think Lindblom is "done".

Fighting cancer is hard on a person, that he's able to play in the NHL in the same calendar year is miraculous. 

It makes sense that he would struggle physically. He's has a rib removed and lost a significant amount of weight- going to take some time to rebuild his body.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

See I read this as an opinion, perfectly valid and I respect it. I just don't see Voracek as "glass half-empty" the way you do. To me his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. I see the same crap you do - I yell at him the most besides Hayes - but I also see the really great plays he makes (which seem to pass unnoticed around here).

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'll let @Samifan answer this one for me.

Sami the floor is yours...

Thanks @OccamsRazor

@GratefulFlyer
Jake Voracek is not a $8-9 million dollar a year player! For every nice assist he may get on occasion, there are plenty of consistent negatives he brings not only ever game but every shift. He over stick handles, over passes and rarely back checks.

If those traits aren’t enough to put you in the I hate Jake camp, let’s talk about the constant turnovers he makes each game. You can count on at least 4-5 turnovers per game and as a bonus he’s good for a bonehead penalty in the offensive zone more times then I care to count over the years. 

Next let’s add his piss poor attitude on and off the ice. Unlike most NHL players, Voracek is not charitable. He’s barely approachable to his “fans” and seems bothered by them.

Jake is a classic example of a guy the took advantage of a GM after one good statistical season and now has an entitled attitude. He should not have an A on his sweater. He needs to go! Hopefully the Kraken are impressed by his assists and take him in the draft.

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

@OccamsRazordid I miss anything? 

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I interpreted Howie's post to have a more moribund than usual outlook for the lad.

Dear Mojo:

You are absolutely right.  I think it is amazing that he's on the squad, period.  I hope we see more of him and the other young players who may be a part of the team in coming years.  I suspect the team is resting Lindblom to allow for a longer-term rehab.  I was scared when he actually fought a month or so ago--it's hard to believe an oncologist is happy to see that.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

He'll just kick its ass and move on!

I would love to big Sam do this to Sidney Crosby....

...he would never have to buy a beer in Philly again.

But it can be anyone for another team....like a Patric Hornqvist or Marchand.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would love to big Sam do this to Sidney Crosby....

...he would never have to buy a beer in Philly again.

But it can be anyone for another team....like a Patric Hornqvist or Marchand.

i've watched nearly every Chara fight on the web. When he goes against an equal opponents, he often ties them up and tackles them. He only seems to really pound on lesser opponents. I'd like to see him and big Sam give it a go

If Sam grabbed Cindy like this, he'd piss himself stupid

Edited by CoachX
  • Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Flyers win tonight 3-1.  Islanders come in a little overconfident and the Flyers take advantage playing a full 60.  That’s my prediction.

i think they will get tuned up again, something like 5-2. I can see a team getting overconfident against us, but with every point counting in a shortened season, I think teams (players) are licking their chops to get some stats against these marshmallows

44 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i think they will get tuned up again, something like 5-2. I can see a team getting overconfident against us, but with every point counting in a shortened season, I think teams (players) are licking their chops to get some stats against these marshmallows

Yeah, I mean...if I saw signs that their defense really began to gel for long stretches, and they got consistently good shots on their opponents, that is possible. The problem is they don't, and the Isles don't give up a lot of chances in Trotz's system and they bury a decent amount of theirs. 

Just get Hart back on his game.

Some defense is always welcome.

Keep the porch clean.

Hart will take care of the rest.

Game link:

http://sportsstats.xyz/www.sportsstats.me/nhl2/Flyers.php

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

there goes voracek with a turnover

lets see if we get any of those great plays that were mentioned earlier

jake Bad = 1

jake good = 0

Edited by CoachX
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

In his shift of the game, turnover for Jake Voracek!

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

the good/bad jake scoreboard is running... feel free to add

1 bad, 0 good so far

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

the good/bad jake scoreboard is running... feel free to add

1 bad, 0 good so far

That was one......dumps it in and can't even get to it.  Jake SMH.

2 bad, 0 good so far

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Uggh... 3