Game 36: Flyers vs. Isles 04/03/2021 7:00 pm

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe but i am sorry but how can you NOT scratch Jake Voracek with his countless turnovers and floating back to pretend to back check i have seen time and time again and then single out TK is my only problem with it.

you mean Vorawontbacek........ :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A point on the line in a shootout (which they historically suck at) and you have one shot left to keep the SO going. AV sends out f*^kin Voracek, are you kidding me!  What about Farabee, Lindblom or the new kid that just scored between his legs during a breakaway last week for the phantoms? Hell even JVR, Laughton or TK should have been an option before that POS Jake. 🤬

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Samifan said:

A point on the line in a shootout (which they historically suck at) and you have one shot left to keep the SO going. AV sends out f*^kin Voracek, are you kidding me!  What about Farabee, Lindblom or the new kid that just scored between his legs during a breakaway last week for the phantoms? Hell even JVR, Laughton or TK should have been an option before that POS Jake. 🤬

While I agree Farabee or Lindblom might be better on the shootout, their lackadaisical backchecks on both goals (compounded with JVRs lame up the middle floater) are a good reason NOT to give them the shootout.

Now, why Voracek got it.....I got nothing.

Oh ya...and Carter Hart ain't broke yet.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

While I agree Farabee or Lindblom might be better on the shootout, their lackadaisical backchecks on both goals (compounded with JVRs lame up the middle floater) are a good reason NOT to give them the shootout.

Now, why Voracek got it.....I got nothing.

Oh ya...and Carter Hart ain't broke yet.

I understand your point and maybe that had something to do with AV’s decision. If true, it’s a bit petty on his part. How many times do you hear the announcers say, FILL IN THE BLANK PLAYER is looking to redeem himself during a game after a bad penalty or play. Let the people who can shoot the puck, shoot. 

Regarding Voracek, I was just shocked that after moving in on the goalie during his SO attempt, he didn’t do a drop pass looking to start a slingshot play!

I also think a saw a third baby bird living  in his beard now.

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

• Haha 1

Charlie O'Connor said something similar to this on the twitters last night.

Had the Flyers not sniffed glue during the month of March, last night's result would have been "alright". A mostly even game for 65 minutes and then not getting the point in the shootout because Barzal is a sick **** and Sorokin made a dynamite save on Giroux.

However, the Flyers found new ways to huff glue last month, and that result became the 2nd worst thing that could have happened.

It's too bad, even though the Flyers didn't look dangerous with the puck often, they had it a lot, and they did a decent job on the forecheck. A nice pass from Martin to an unmarked Beauviller for a tap in on the PP, a few plays off the rush and the mistake that wound up in the net #18's second goal...that was it for the Isles, they didn't have a whole lot going either.

Not a bad game...string more of them together and start getting results.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1