Versteeg to Wings?

Guest WingNut722

Eklund's rumor mill mentions some interest by the Red Wings in Kris Versteeg. Also a little bit of Teemu Selanne.

The only reason Selanne is still in the league is to play for Anaheim. Anaheim has also said that essentially the only two "untouchables" are Koivu and Selanne, since they're looking to end their careers together.

And if Florida deals their top scorer while tied for third seed in the Conference they should just fold up that franchise and go home.

Come to think of it, that's not such a bad idea even if they don't trade Vertseeg.

Essentially, two typical comments from Eklund.

@radoran

For what it's worth, I have no idea what it is about Versteeg that he keeps bouncing around the League like a pinball. If he's headed for Detroit, I'd expect more of the same. Although they'd probably send Hudler down to Florida in his place, maybe Patrick Eaves.

But don't tell Valtteri Filppula about Selanne..He'll drop some Fruit in his Looms if he heard about that..

@radoran

For what it's worth, I have no idea what it is about Versteeg that he keeps bouncing around the League like a pinball. If he's headed for Detroit, I'd expect more of the same. Although they'd probably send Hudler down to Florida in his place, maybe Patrick Eaves.

But don't tell Valtteri Filppula about Selanne..He'll drop some Fruit in his Looms if he heard about that..

Chicago couldn't afford him. He "unimpressed" in Tronno and Philadelphia. For Florida, he's their leading scorer and the Panthers are somehow in the "playoff hunt" for either the 3rd or 7/8 seed (lmao).

But he is an RFA, according to capgeek, so I can't see why Florida would deal him unless they're getting back a pretty good package. Like John Holmes-size package...

The Selanne thing I remember from the post-Cup hangover when he and Neidermayer (DEAD!) were debating retirement. He said he came back specifically to play for Anaheim and didn't have any interest in elsewhere.

Koivu, from what I understand from coverage of the Ducks' recent "blow it up" move, joined them to play with Selanne.

For Florida, he's their leading scorer and the Panthers are somehow in the "playoff hunt" for either the 3rd or 7/8 seed

Eklund seriously is becoming my hero. He gets people to give him 20$ to make up random rumors that make no sense what-so-ever.

Now what in the WORLD would I do with a Selanne Flyers jersey? I guess I could blow my nose into the sleeves....

Blasphemy. But as @Bertmega said you could polish the cup with it.

Eklund seriously is becoming my hero. He gets people to give him 20$ to make up random rumors that make no sense what-so-ever.

Blasphemy. But as @Bertmega said you could polish the cup with it.

You GAVE him $20??

@terp

Yeah, I fell for it...Never again after I noticed he was selling schlock

Funny but true comment by Digity..he makes sh!t up, slings it out there and collects money...at least for a short time. Hard to believe he has a lot of people who will shell out for long periods of time because some of his rumors are so patently absurd (like how the Flyers were looking for a goaltender).

Funny but true comment by Digity..he makes sh!t up, slings it out there and collects money...at least for a short time. Hard to believe he has a lot of people who will shell out for long periods of time because some of his rumors are so patently absurd (like how the Flyers were looking for a goaltender).

Yup, and he's laughing all the way to the bank. Wish I'd thought of that first.

Lemme try it...

"Just heard a rumor that the Flyers are looking to trade Claude Giroux to the Blues for two box suites and a copy of Clerks on Blu-Ray, but only as long as David Backes continues to change his socks on Tuesdays."

Yeah...I can do this...

"Just heard a rumor that the Flyers are looking to trade Claude Giroux to the Blues for two box suites and a copy of Clerks on Blu-Ray, but only as long as David Backes continues to change his socks on Tuesdays."

Awesome inside info! How much do you want? Who should I make the check out to?