Game 37: Flyers at Bruins; 4/5/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

37 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

They only gain one point on the Bruins but its better than losing a point!

Not really. This is the team they are trying to catch.

Bruins win by gaining a point.

But hey enjoy the win they will be golfing soon.

Season is over.

5 hours ago, FD19372 said:

A win is a win, and the team played well in getting two points. However, I'd hate to rain on their parade, but it was against Boston's 3rd string goalie.

Sure but at this point they are ruining their draft position.

They can beat the Bruins without giving up a point than it doesn't matter.

Might as well start the fire sale and break out the clubs and get that golf swing in form this isn't a good team.

And it will be more of the same next year.

Chuckles will do nothing but add his yearly Gustafsson attempt to help.

Wash rinse repeat.

14 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Did not get to see a second of the game, nesn had the red sox on....

For years i always bought the nhl center ice package and never missed a game i wanted to see...oh well.

The hockey God's gave them that one after all the terrible calls.

How often do you see Bergeron fall down like that?

Giving up one point out of that really did them no favors.

FORE!!!

3 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Vladar kept the bruins in that game, made some monster saves..

Oh yeah. He may be "3rd string" - behind Rask and Halak most goalies are - but he played well last night, extremely well imho. The back-to-back saves he made on Giroux then Konecny were amazing. Does he go again tonight? Who else do the Bruins have available? 

• Like 2

Just three pages, Flyers must have won.

Hating the players doesn't have the same urgency after a win, just an observation of a life long fan.

We tuned in just in time for the Sanheim winner, like right as he blocked the Bergeron shot. That was cool.

Also kind of cool seeing Patrick single leg Marchand after getting pulled down...everyone better wear their cups tonight. I think Todd is going to making some cup checks throughout the evening.

It is one of the things I like about Patrick, he does have some punk in his game, the twitter people who also write seemed to think he played well. the twitter people who comment still hate him though so I guess we've reached a stasis there.

Since they've had a short break they've played "better". They played well vs the Isles and I'm guessing they played a good road game, only gave up 2 goals, shots looked pretty even.  Two good road games

Good win ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Digityman said:

I'll go out on a limb and say it was sarcasm. 

You got it....

I just can't fathom that he wiped out on his own, kind of funny, but not the end result.

Edited by Brewin Flames

42 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Oh yeah. He may be "3rd string" - behind Rask and Halak most goalies are - but he played well last night, extremely well imho. The back-to-back saves he made on Giroux then Konecny were amazing. Does he go again tonight? Who else do the Bruins have available? 

With rask out with his ackey-breaky back, and halak in covid proto, Vladar should get the start again, but we will have to see what Swayman can do at some point.

Just now, mojo1917 said:

Hating the players doesn't have the same urgency after a win, just an observation of a life long fan.

I watched from the second period on despite my wife's "ugh, The Flyers?" groan when I switched over.

Since you asked :thumbsu:, I still don't see anything that indicates to me that this roster can seriously compete as anything more than a bubble playoff team.

Again. Just an observation of a life long fan. :hocky:

A come-from-behind OT win against a "third string" goalie on a team that's been playing .500 since their hot start, based on winning in a 3-on-3 format that isn't going to be duplicated in the playoffs is two points and that's good.

But it is what it is. Boston is still three points up with two games in hand.

The Flyers are still on the outside looking in and they have no one to blame but themselves.

They have 19 games left with 11 of them against teams above them in the standings. 1 against Buffalo, 2 Rags and five Devils.

The Bruins have 21 games, play Buffalo six times, Flyers, Rags and Devils twice with 9 games against teams above them in the standings.

So we're left with

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

or

doctor strangelove GIF

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

I watched from the second period on despite my wife's "ugh, The Flyers?" groan when I switched over.

Since you asked :thumbsu:, I still don't see anything that indicates to me that this roster can seriously compete as anything more than a bubble playoff team.

Again. Just an observation of a life long fan. :hocky:

A come-from-behind OT win against a "third string" goalie on a team that's been playing .500 since their hot start, based on winning in a 3-on-3 format that isn't going to be duplicated in the playoffs is two points and that's good.

But it is what it is. Boston is still three points up with two games in hand.

The Flyers are still on the outside looking in and they have no one to blame but themselves.

They have 19 games left with 11 of them against teams above them in the standings. 1 against Buffalo, 2 Rags and five Devils.

The Bruins have 21 games, play Buffalo six times, Flyers, Rags and Devils twice with 9 games against teams above them in the standings.

So we're left with

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

or

doctor strangelove GIF

So what you're saying is that outlook is promising

#TrustTheProcess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

So what you're saying is that outlook is promising

#TrustTheProcess

Just need to get rid of some future assets to bring in Savard and Bernier and then the only question is where to start the parade.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Oh yeah I'd say the "glass half-empty" POV is well-represented around here alright.😆

EDIT: the emoji seemed to fit my comment, which was in jest. The wincing eyes expect hell to follow after so let me hasten to add: NTTAWWT.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

54 minutes ago, radoran said:

My take away from this is, if the Flyers handle their business they can make the playoffs and maybe improve their standing to the 3 seed.

It's a heavy lift with no room for error, but the team doesn't have to rely on outside forces.

Will they do it?

It's been a rough year. I won't be surprised if they don't. 

I don't see where the Islanders or Bruins or anyone actually is sooooo much better than them in the division.

The Islanders don't have Anders Lee that's a huge loss for them. He's so good along the walls and in tight spaces there's no one on the Flyers and few guys in the league that can handle him. He's missed  and makes that team beatable. I don't think the Bruins are all that either, the Flyers should have 2 more wins vs them this season, 2 head up ass games where they beat themselves in the third period.  So maybe the Caps are the juggernaut- but I don't know. I think the Pens might be playing the best right now...What I'm saying is Jim Carey is on to something. 

34 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Oh yeah I'd say the "glass half-empty" POV is well-represented around here alright.

Don't worry they are two years away from being two years away.

Got right where we want em...

:LiesSign:

• Like 1