Game 37: Flyers at Bruins; 4/5/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

My take away from this is, if the Flyers handle their business they can make the playoffs and maybe improve their standing to the 3 seed.

It's a heavy lift with no room for error, but the team doesn't have to rely on outside forces.

Well, they do kinda have to rely on the Pens, Bruins, and Islanders not winning games... Especially if they have their eyes set on third seed. 🤔

But, yes, Jim Carrey is right - they do have a chance.

Then they get into the playoffs and "anything can happen."

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

I'm certainly not going to be upset if they suddenly start playing like Spring 2020 instead of Fall 2019.

But I will certainly be surprised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Just need to get rid of some future assets to bring in Savard and Bernier and then the only question is where to start the parade.

i think if we cant beat backup goalies like they are backup goalies then we are not a talented team, just watching last night's game, it's like it shouldnt take overtime to beat a backup goalie. the effort is there but the talent isnt.

15 minutes ago, radoran said:

Well, they do kinda have to rely on the Pens, Bruins, and Islanders not winning games... Especially if they have their eyes set on third seed. 🤔

But, yes, Jim Carrey is right - they do have a chance.

Then they get into the playoffs and "anything can happen."

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm certainly not going to be upset if they suddenly start playing like Spring 2020 instead of Fall 2019.

But I will certainly be surprised.

I didn't realize the Bruins had to play the Sabres 6 more times....so yeah that is a wrap.

Sure call me half empty glads all anyone wants I'm fine with.

They haven't really gave us anything in a long time to fill the glass up with to be honest.

The best thing I can even come up with is that hot streak that got on before th shut down last year.

It's about all I can come up with.

Sure finally getting out the first round was nice as well.

Maybe I should just lower my expectations.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The best thing I can even come up with is that hot streak that got on before th shut down last year.

They started off good this year and then the wheels fell off.

They started out bad last season and got their legs under them.

And that's the issue - a general lack of consistency.

Teams that play more consistently - like the three at the top of the division - get better long term results. Yes, the Pens stumbled early this season but that core has been consistently good over a long period of time.

The Flyers remain up and down...

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, radoran said:

They started off good this year and then the wheels fell off.

They started out bad last season and got their legs under them.

And that's the issue - a general lack of consistency.

Teams that play more consistently - like the three at the top of the division - get better long term results. Yes, the Pens stumbled early this season but that core has been consistently good over a long period of time.

The Flyers remain up and down...

that's a talent issue, it's been like this since the lavy era.  the core has to change. we need consistent goal scorers not players that score great in beginning and drop off, you cant win like that.

• Like 4