Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Monday 4-5-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

1 hour ago, bbgarnett said:

Probably Velcro I highly doubt anyone has the gonads to take an A away from Parise or Suter. 

You may be right, but someone had the balls to decrease Suits TOI, and decrease both of their PP1 guarantees, and put Parise in the stands as a healthy scratch.  Some things have changed

Let's face facts, the wild are still a ways off from going deep in the playoffs.

Their big guys are so much faster and skilled then our big guys.

we're so short at center that a decent 2nd line center is the best we have.

If you consider Suter Spurgeon the first defense pair, they would probably be a true 2nd pairing.

Expansion draft protection, I don't see aproblem with protecting 8 skaters and a goalie.

I don't know who Seattle would really want from this team.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Best case scenario is we play VGK and hope for the Blues to pull a major upset against the Av's. 😁

IF we are going to beat the Avs, we are going to have to bring up a few goons and play like the Blues and others did against our skill players in past playoffs - just beat them up in a 5 or 7 game series.  We will need to play some hockey that embraces 'thuggery,' as we just don't have anywhere near enough skill to beat them straight up in that many games yet. 

It is the tale of Drafting - they have Top first rounders (and lower first round performers) spilling over their roster - something we simply don't have with our 'competitive regular season/hope to make the playoffs' approach.  TANKING gets you those types of players unless you LUCK into a KAP or AHO type after Round 1 that becomes the best player on your team.

37 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Probably Velcro I highly doubt anyone has the gonads to take an A away from Parise or Suter. 

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Went to our local college baseball game today. Wind blowing out along with baseballs. Final 18-13 

⚾🧢