Top trade bait, who winds up where?

Gonna pull some names out of the hat and see who I think ends up where. Feel free to jump in:

JAMES REIMER Mrazek is back with a resounding statement game, Nedjlocovic has stolen a portion of th net, Reimer played very good when needed but the other two have just played better.

DESTINATION Colorado. The Avs desperately need a calming presence as the backup in net as they have Grubauer and then a wing/prayer. Reimer a perfect fit.

KYLE PALMIERI A power forward having a bit of an off year but still has value.

DESTINATION Boston. Following in the footsteps of Iginlia, Nash and so many more, the Bruins tend to go winger at the deadline, he is a perfect fit with his style in Boston and on the Krejci line.

NICK FOLIGNO The long time CBJ Captain is an UFA at seasons end and he will likely want a chance to chase a cup.

DESTINATION The Islanders. With Anders Lee out for the year the Isles lack a true net front presence, Foligno can play up and down the lineup at all three forward positions, playing a heavy game with sneaky good offense. In other words a perfect Trotz player.

DAVID SAVARD Heavy hitting defensman will be in much demand as the Jacket season washes out.

DESTINATION Capitals. If any team needs a defender to shut it down when they have a lead it is the Capitals who are among the worst in third period goals against.

RYAN GETZLAF Won a cup as a baby Duck years ago, would like another kick at the can as his career winds down.

DESTINATION The Wild. Minny needs center help especially in the playoffs, Getzlaf brings that cepth as well as sandpaper and experience.

TAYLOR HALL Bet on himself with a one year deal in Buffalo and lost. Needs a huge postseason to get his career unstuck.

DESTINATION Predators. Forsberg nicked up but the Preds are peaking and look to have knocked past the Hawks but the Stars are still in the rear view. Hall is the add that they hope gets them not only in the playoffs but into the conversation in one of the toughest gauntlets in the game come playoff time.

BOBBY RYAN Lots of wear on those tires but a good teammate who on the cheap might help a club come the postseason.

DESTINATION The Leafs. After being rumored to be in on veryone and everything all they add is a broken down faded bottom six winger. Half the fans scream that Dubas is a dumbas, the other half plan the parade.

MARC STAAL Stay at home veteran defender who really hasnt been bad in Detroit most nights.

DESTINATION Montreal. After adding Eric now they bring in Marc as much needed blueline depth.

BRANDON MONTOUR An underrated puck mover who can play in his own zone as well. 

DESTINATION Winnipeg is the perfect fit, he captains the second power play and cleans the puck out of his own zone well.

LUKE GLENDENING Lots of Wings on this list, not because I am a homer but because they are chock full of UFA's. Glendening is having a fine season in the dot and as a two way forward.

DESTINATION Pittsburgh needs a bottom six center Glendening is a great fit playing a heavy game with Tanev.

Lots of names in the wait and see mode as more clubs have climbed back into the hunt such as the Sharks and Coyotes meaning less sellers.

If the Flyers can trade one of Giroux (getting to waive his NMC), Hayes or Vorachoke...I would also like to seem them get either Manson, Ellis, Savard or Ekholm.  They need a veteran presence on the blueline. I prefer Ellis (though currently hurt, to my knowledge) or Manson, but any of them would be a big upgrade compared to what they currently have. It isn't about the playoffs. I don't see the Flyers as a playoff team. For the thousandth time, it's about protecting Carter Hart.

Definitely no Getzlaf. The Wild has all the over the hill veterans we need. We need to get younger and faster, not older and slower. We do need a 1C/2C, but we're not going far this year anyways. Might as well wait until the season is over and try to get a real 1C/2C then.

12 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Definitely no Getzlaf. The Wild has all the over the hill veterans we need. We need to get younger and faster, not older and slower. We do need a 1C/2C, but we're not going far this year anyways. Might as well wait until the season is over and try to get a real 1C/2C then.

Getzlaf would be a pure one and done rental, he is an UFA at years end. I figured that he could be had for little return, The Wild are on a pretty good path just short at center and figured he could help without giving up much in the ways of futures.

8 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Getzlaf would be a pure one and done rental, he is an UFA at years end. I figured that he could be had for little return, The Wild are on a pretty good path just short at center and figured he could help without giving up much in the ways of futures.

I don't see why the Wild would invest $9.25 mil, in a player that is on the downside..is a 3rd line center..and all really he does is win draws now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

If the Flyers can trade one of Giroux (getting to waive his NMC), Hayes or Vorachoke...I would also like to seem them get either Manson, Ellis, Savard or Ekholm.  They need a veteran presence on the blueline. I prefer Ellis (though currently hurt, to my knowledge) or Manson, but any of them would be a big upgrade compared to what they currently have. It isn't about the playoffs. I don't see the Flyers as a playoff team. For the thousandth time, it's about protecting Carter Hart.

Ekholm/Ellis are likely pulled off the table now that the Preds have passed the Hawks in the standings. That is the problem with this years deadline, actually one of many, many problems is a lot of supposed sellers such as the Sharks, Coyotes, Preds and a couple more are still trying to decide if they are in it or not. That and the flat cap, throw in expansion and the remnants of Covid protocol and this could be a strange deadline.

• Like 2

Just now, FD19372 said:

I don't see why the Wild would invest $9.25 mil, in a player that is on the downside..is a 3rd line center..and all really he does is win draws now.

Prorated out over the course of the final quarter of the year with the Ducks eating up to half the remaining salary. The risk/financial investment is small.

• Like 2

According to TSN

Palmieri LEAFS

Hall LEAFS

Glendening LEAFS

McDavid LEAFS

Paulina Gretzky LEAFS

Anyone else not nailed down LEAFS

Damn the salary cap and full speed ahead

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

According to TSN

Palmieri LEAFS

Hall LEAFS

Glendening LEAFS

McDavid LEAFS

Paulina Gretzky LEAFS

And still get bounced in the first round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Prorated out over the course of the final quarter of the year with the Ducks eating up to half the remaining salary. The risk/financial investment is small.

We need centres who could win faceoffs and Getzlaf might help in the PP by winning possession and in freeing Kaprizov from being buried in the middle of our PP formation. Still, we're not going to go deep in the playoffs. When we meet the Avs in the playoffs we lose, if MacKinnon and Makar are healthy. It's still money and assets for a rental. It's not our year until we get a real 1C or at least a decent 2C. We're still gathering assets. If only we had Dubois now, then rentals could be interesting.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Lou Lamareillo likely to bring either Palamari or Parise to Isles

With Lee out, they could use a guy like Parise more IMHO. They could use that physical element a little more. Not as bad as the Flyers need it, but they could.

Edited by FD19372

8 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Are the Parise to the Isles rumors started back up? I hadnt seen that one. TSN last night did say the Isles may go after Zajac who Lou drafted and who Lou loves like a son. Zajac has a full NMC but would probably waive to go the the Isles.

This season Parise has not shown much, for the Isles to be interested in him. Age and the abuse he's taken over the years are starting to show, I guess. Still, I do hope someone takes a gamble with him. He might have a better end to his career somewhere else and the Wild definitely would be a lot freer in its decisions with him out of the roster. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Icechipper said:

Can't afford Parise.

Sorokin, Czikas and Peech to resign and only 6.8 mill to do it...and take on Parise till he is 40?

That would be suicidal...

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

The Flyers go on the PECO Penaltyyyyy Kill...after a not intelligent takedown play by NAK.

Seems like you have the wrong thread.

I'll have what you're having. Make that 2!

• Haha 4

Parise holds all the cards. He can retire when it's time. Both Parise and Zajac are University of North Dakota products. 

As far as rumours, no this is just me throwing gas on the fire.... 🔥🤓 It would be a creative deal, given the season and all....

Edited by Icechipper
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, yave1964 said:

According to TSN

Palmieri LEAFS

Hall LEAFS

Glendening LEAFS

McDavid LEAFS

Paulina Gretzky LEAFS

I wish the NHL had a luxury tax instead of a cap.  

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:27 AM, yave1964 said:

If any team needs a defender to shut it down when they have a lead it is the Capitals who are among the worst in third period goals against.

So of course, a scoreless draw late into tonight’s game results in the Caps surrendering a late 3rd period tally to the Islanders.  

Some run-of-the-mill defenseman named Chara got the puck swept off his stick behind the net, allowing a shot from the point and a rebound goal.  (Can we get a blue-liner with just a little bit of experience, please?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1