Game 38: Bruins at Flyers; 4/6/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

2 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

that's because this team has no offensive players, it's all grit and grind types, there's no snipers. this is where chuck has to retool this team to get more snipers, that's why they are passing so much.

Last season pre-covid and in the bubble early games this same cast of characters was putting up 4-5 goals per game do I don’t understand the offensive brain cramps this year. And Yes I agree they need some selfish me first snipers who refuse to pass. 

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah I know but they seem to always lose when they out shoot the other team.

So I figured zero goals on 57 shots for the Flyers.

And the Bruins will score 4 goals on 24 shots.

That doesn't make me negative...right?

I fear your estimate  for the Bruins score total tonight may be too low......

• Uggh... 1

1st period observations:

Laughton missing breakaways on purpose in order to lower his trade value so he can stay in Philly.

I didn’t realize it was Jeff Carter night. Flyers shooting high and wide all night in his honor.

I think Voracek may have trimmed his beard or at least run a comb through it because he looks less homeless tonight 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Samifan said:

1st period observations:

Laughton missing breakaways on purpose in order to lower his trade value so he can stay in Philly.

I didn’t realize it was Jeff Carter night. Flyers shooting high and wide all night in his honor.

I think Voracek may have trimmed his beard or at least run a comb through it because he looks less homeless tonight 

He finally slept at the men’s shelter last night and had a shower

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Ghost only three points behind Behn Wilson all-time, for Flyer defensemen. I remember Behn as being a type defenseman, not a scorer.

Historically I don’t what that says about Flyers Defensemen if Ghost is that high up in all-time scoring for Dmen? Credit Ghost’s offensive skill set or the fact most Flyers Dmen have be less skilled offensively?

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Ghost only three points behind Behn Wilson all-time, for Flyer defensemen. I remember Behn as being a type defenseman, not a scorer.

If memory serves, he had a fukcen howitzer. That, combined with the state of goaltending in his era, well sh!t I coulda scored 35 goals.

2 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

You couldn't carry Behn's jock!  Who are you kidding!  🤣

I disagree. My claim is that, *if* I had a howitzer like Behn, and if I had a chance to shoot on NHL goalies circa 1986, I could score 35 goals.

Lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

Historically I don’t what that says about Flyers Defensemen if Ghost is that high up in all-time scoring for Dmen? Credit Ghost’s offensive skill set or the fact most Flyers Dmen have be less skilled offensively?

I think it's more the latter.