Game 38: Bruins at Flyers; 4/6/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

26 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Ghost only three points behind Behn Wilson all-time, for Flyer defensemen. I remember Behn as being a type defenseman, not a scorer.

Wilson had great offensive skills. He got something like 56 points as a rookie. Wilson had the skills to be a hall of famer , he was big ,he could rush the puck, had a good shot, was as mean as they come and was the Flyers best all time fighter. He had a lot of natural talent, but he was never able to reach his full potential. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

That was the best period the Flyers have played all season.  Match that effort in the 3rd now!

This is quite possibly the most exciting game the Flyers have played all year. The fact that I am still awake is proof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Wilson had great offensive skills. He got something like 56 points as a rookie. Wilson had the skills to be a hall of famer , he was big ,he could rush the puck, had a good shot, was as mean as they come and was the Flyers best all time fighter. He had a lot of natural talent, but he was never able to reach his full potential. 

Obviously, I meant I thought Wilson was a defensive type of defenseman, but mobile. I forgot he put up those kind of offensive numbers.

So I missed the game - my wife said "ugh not the Flyers again" so we watched Chopped.

They lost 4-2 in OT and picked up a point, right?

Yeah. No.

So they're going to make a statement trade, and as I understand it they're moving...

Laughton?

Ohhhh GIF by memecandy

Edited by radoran
  • Good Post 1

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Obviously, I meant I thought Wilson was a defensive type of defenseman, but mobile. I forgot he put up those kind of offensive numbers.

And he beat the crap out of almost everyone, he was one mean dude, you could see it in his eyes. I remember he pummeled Terry O’Reily twice in one game. He also beat the crap out of Clark Gillies at the Nassau Coliseum. Check You Tube Wilson vs Gillies Nassau Coliseum . I was at that game I was 13 and I remember the beating like it was yesterday . I taunted all the Isles fans in school for weeks .

• Good Post 1

Just now, RonJeremy said:

And he beat the crap out of almost everyone, he was one mean dude, you could see it in his eyes. I remember he pummeled Terry O’Reily twice in one game. He also beat the crap out of Clark Gillies at the Nassau Coliseum. Check You Tube Wilson vs Gillies Nassau Coliseum . I was at that game I was 13 and I remember the beating like it was yesterday . I taunted all the Isles fans in school for weeks .

He had a TEMPER on him. You didn't want to piss him off.

My take on the game:

1. Swayman was better than Hart, who should or could have stopped at least one of the three that got by him.

2. Our PP has been inept all season but tonight, with the shortie, it reached new lows.

3. Ghost was one of our best players.  

4.  The number of missed shots was unnerving.

It isn't just time to sell.  CF has to really think about what is worth keeping, now and for next season.  

If Ghost goes, fine.  But he isn't is bad as others, and his work with Morin isn't bad either.  Ghost should not be a scapegoat for collective incompetence.  

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

7 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Our PP has been inept all season but tonight, with the shortie, it reached new lows.

And that call on Morin. Chara never gets called for being to big. I knee Sam would get punished for his size.

At least now we can put to rest this garbage thought of yeah this is a maybe playoff team. Move every bum you can.

The best part is a majority of this team will return next year.

YEEEEEAAAAH!!!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

Selling Real Estate GIF by mresidence

No one is really going to want any of these bums.

Just check that puck battle at the end of the game to see how terrible this team is right now. Couldn't get the puck from the Bruins to save their lives...the battle took so long I got embarrassed watching it.

They got one or two shots on goal in the 3rd in a must win game. Ashamed.

23 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Good on Swayman....

That second period though, holy outshot. Cassidy hopefully ripped them in the locker room...

I'll take the 2 points and be happy.

No worries for you the real Flyers showed up in the 3rd period.

4 shots on goal. Total embarrassment.

This squad doesn't deserve the playoffs.

They need to be blown up and moved to any team that will take them.

I keep Hart, Ivan, Farabee and Coots.

Make me an offer for anyone else on the team.

Even the franchise saving Sanheim and Myers.

Make me an offer...

• Like 3