Open Question: How Many People are Cheering for the Leafs to end their Cup Drought?

WordsOfWisdom

On 5/9/2021 at 12:56 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

IF/WHEN Toronto wins it'll be...bigger than the Rangers victory.

In recent years when events at ScotiaBank Arena did not go to Leafs’ fans pleasure, did they ever burst out in unison with a rousing chorus of

”NIIIINE-teen-SIIIX-ti-SEVV-un!”

?

Also, four Cups since 1962 ain’t bad! 🙃 

• Haha 1

And here we go: Matthews won't do **** because Chiarot is so extraordinary to overplay him, Vézina-level Price will easily be better than any Leafs goalie, Habs have so much depth thanks to the terrific acquisitions of Merrill, Staal and Gustafsson. Oh and of couse, 23-y.o. speedy Perry will be the key because of his experience. I'm so desperate to see Toronto rape Montréal...

Note to myself: last time that I follow the RDS feed

7 hours ago, Math said:

And here we go: Matthews won't do **** because Chiarot is so extraordinary to overplay him, Vézina-level Price will easily be better than any Leafs goalie, Habs have so much depth thanks to the terrific acquisitions of Merrill, Staal and Gustafsson. Oh and of couse, 23-y.o. speedy Perry will be the key because of his experience. I'm so desperate to see Toronto rape Montréal...

Note to myself: last time that I follow the RDS feed

While I believe the Leafs should be able to handle Montreal and win this series in 5 or 6 games, the Habs did upgrade their team and they're not someone to mess around with. The Leafs need to be sharp right from the opening puck drop in game 1 and treat every game like it's game 7 in this series. There are no games off for a franchise that hasn't won a playoff round in 20 years.