Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche, Wednesday 4-7-21, 8:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

Fiala's Hat Trick Lifts Wild to 8-3 Rout of Colorado

Good start and they wavered a bit in the 2nd but didn't completely give up the ship.  Yet the power play struck 4 times, and seems to be working pretty well with 6 goals in the last two games.  Nice statement game, and now for the St. Louis Blues and more Blues.  Great to see Luke Johnson get rewarded with a goal, he and Kyle Rau were providing great energy and hustle out there.  Fiala's confidence is growing and Kaprizov's Kaprizov...fun game!  I have a full game recap, a power play feature, an Iowa Wild report, prospect news and boys HS awards too!  Check it out!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Going to miss this one tonight. I’ll be at the rink playing tonight. Last month of puck for the year 

We all know how good the Avs are. For some reason I think the Wild find a way to win tonight. It’s time to make a statement damnit 

You are welcome 

15 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Going to miss this one tonight. I’ll be at the rink playing tonight. Last month of puck for the year 

We all know how good the Avs are. For some reason I think the Wild find a way to win tonight. It’s time to make a statement damnit 

They did Jimtown Guy, they did! You called it, and now I'm a believer!

Best first period I've seen the Wild play!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Gigi knows 🏒

That Gigi makes me wish I was 20 years younger....

oh but if I was, I'd also have to not look like ****...

and be a nice person...

with good values...

and some brains...

and an understanding of hockey from a player perspective...

Let's just forget about it!!

She's a living miracle, though. Listening to her makes me wonder if one can really doubt the existence of a higher power?

Come to think of it, she might be an alien trap to fool all mankind, and most of the ladies as well 😅

• Haha 1

Kind shows that Wild need to play hardnosed in-your-face type of hockey to win against teams like Vegas and Colorado.

I'm just amazed how Kap shoots his wristers and snapshots with his hands so high up his stick. Kid has a seriously strong lower body and shoulders to pulls those shots off with that kind of accuracy and speed.

Edited by Lonkkis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Quite the fun night everyone...See ya Friday night 😎

Agree. It was the fun night. My blood pressure was the highest in comparison to other games this season. Probably last game will enter into the canons of classics of professional hockey how to win over the better team by playing real physical game. From other impressive records out of that game - we were able to stop 15 games winning streak for Colorado team. And we also were able to place 11 goals in 2 games into Grubauer's net. I am thinking that last game was the best game for Parise play this season too.

6 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

Kind shows that Wild need to play hardnosed in-your-face type of hockey to win against teams like Vegas and Colorado.

I'm just amazed how Kap shoots his wristers and snapshots with his hands so high up his stick. Kid has a seriously strong lower body and shoulders to pulls those shots off with that kind of accuracy and speed.

I agree. Kaprizov's second bullet goal between the legs of opponent player was superbly golden. 

On 4/7/2021 at 11:38 AM, Jimtown guy said:

94FF68A3-0FF5-4513-9833-2761328B9204.jpeg

Jimtown Guy predicted our win and Lynxrattle asked for the win. Definitely Wild Gods heared you both. Probably, Fiala was asking them too for making his 1st career hat trick and they helped him as well as to Johnson for his 1st NHL goal in front of his parents and relatives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

Awesome game now on to the Blues

Hopefully the Wild team will repeat same scenario as they did for Avalanche team. Blues is not a simple team. Last night they won over the Vegas team with a score 3:1.