Game 39: Flyers at Islanders; 4/8/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

47 minutes ago, CoachX said:

you just won the day !

🎤 drop

See i burned him and pissed him off and look what happens when he shoots the damn puck.

What a moron Jake is....why bro can you do that more?? Just shoot it...

• Good Post 2

So how many minutes have the Flyers competed for tonight? Since Jake says they can’t do 60 mins per game, I’m just wondering if they have any compete left for the 3rd period? Should I just turn it off now?

Just now, Samifan said:

Refreshing to see #93 left out of the shootout. Preview of him being gone next year?  😂

I'm a big fan of rewarding my goal scorers so NAK has to be in there.

Would love to see that...it sucks to have no playoffs this year.

But if major changes aren't made.......next year will be more of the same.

Bold moves need to be made unless you want 2 more wasted years...to be two years away.

The bottle is empty....stop waiting now matters too...don't obsess about tomorrow while forgetting about today.

Assets are assets, use them all...can't expect the kids to play as expected if the front office doesn't do it's job first.

So all i have to look forward to now is the draft....again...

:BrownBag:

10 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I am forgetting our "real" conference competitor, Carolina.  I see them challenging for the Cup in coming years....

I was about to say "if Teravainen recovers" but honestly they could almost afford to lose him.

A very strong, young, driven team.

They also happen to have a goalie that the Flyers made look like a substandard option.

It's one reason why I'm not losing faith in Hart...

• Like 1

There were some positives--Hart was sound and the team didn't collapse after going down 2-0.  But we didn't play well enough to win.  

I wonder if we will see any deals?  Our parts may not have much value.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Well, at least they're plugging away. Sorokin is the difference in the third.

we just have no firepower on this team, the effort is there, the goalscoring isnt. if players can score goals we would be a top 4 team and not out of the playoffs. it's what we are.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I really don't want to give up Laughton.

But yeah.

I don't either, but if I can get a really good top pairing veteran d man or a top line forward for him...somehow...I would more than seriously consider it. I mean, he's one of the few guys on this team, that isn't soft. He isn't soft, and he has skill. That's why other teams want him. He's also affordable.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I really don't want to give up Laughton.

But yeah.

I was a Laughton skeptic for years and I've come around on the player.

Solid depth player and you need those types. That's why he has value for a team that's definitely a playoff team and good trade value for the Flyers.

:hocky:

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I don't either, but if I can get a really good top pairing veteran d man or a top line forward for him...somehow...I would more than seriously consider it. I mean, he's one of the few guys on this team, that isn't soft.

Even if we give up Laughton, he is an UFA and we can re-sign him. He is one of the few players who shows up every night and you can see he cares. I read somewhere he leads the team in hits, his 5 on 5 stats are second only to Coots. He really is a perfect third line player. 

• Like 2

Maybe this is my problem with Laughton, he is a solid depth player. On a team with bonafide offensive studs, he has value. On this team, he is one of a handful of players with the same skill set. A team full of Laughtons won't be very successful

Personally, I hope he gets traded. If he has value and brings a good return, it will be the best thing he ever did as a Flyer

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Even if we give up Laughton, he is an UFA and we can re-sign him. He is one of the few players who shows up every night and you can see he cares. I read somewhere he leads the team in hits, his 5 on 5 stats are second only to Coots. He really is a perfect third line player. 

this post depressed me

1 hour ago, otto12 said:

The flyers with value to a contender are too expensive.

Every asset has value if they are packaged properly. Players, picks, salary retention, cap leverage are all options in making a deal. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet.  Unfortunately Flyer management will continue to overrate their roster and the corporates will continue to insist on sneaking into the playoffs. With the current prospects and roster we are doomed to more mediocre. 

• Good Post 1