Game 39: Flyers at Islanders; 4/8/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

12 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Laughton was a late pick and not projected to be a superstar like Patrick. You still fail to answer the question, all this is irrelevant...the question is...who is gonna replace Laughtons specific role and don’t come up with a bull crap answer that you don’t know who is gonna be on the team.. we have no cap $, if any trades happen it’s for defenseman , we are not replacing 5 or 6 players in any way and there is no one from thePhantoms that has shown any indication that they can replace Laughton. So in using all of your coaching acumen and vast hockey knowledge, who is ready to step in and do Laughtons job .

Ok. I don't know who will be 4th line, because I don't know who will be on the team. Would a group of rookies "be successful'? Define success. If they played hard, learned alot, gathered experience and developed, then YES, that is successful.

Is Laughton a good 4th line player, yes he is. To say no one else can be brought in to do his job, I won't agree. I liked Tyer Pitlick better. But my issue remains the same. He was a first round draft pick that turned into a good 4th liner. YAY! I'm not sure who screwed up more, the Flyers for drafting him that high (proabably, they love over valuing players), or Laughton for never developing into more. Either way, it doesn't matter, he will probably be traded, so he WON'T be playing any line for the Flyers next season.....and I will be happy about it

19 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

So in using all of your coaching acumen and vast hockey knowledge, who is ready to step in and do Laughtons job .

if me opposing your POV is going to get you all butt hurt, let me know. I'll gladly ignore you

38 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

You call yourself Coach ...do you coach badminton or the weed smoking club.Your hockey logic and arguments are not making sense.

Wow, you are in full on prick mode today. Good for you. Its very effective

So, I coached football, not hockey. I never played organized hockey. I was never coached at hockey. I never professed any of the like. Should I take your screen moniker and assume from it what you are?

21 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

No, he is already replacing Raffl, and our other potential 4th liners like Bunnamn and Twrynski have not shown any indication that they are better or even equal to Laughton .

Not really. He is a center or LW and Raffl is a right wing.

That will be another forward like NAK replacing Raffl.

Allison may by next year too. A few options.

52 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Ok. I don't know who will be 4th line, because I don't know who will be on the team. Would a group of rookies "be successful'? Define success. If they played hard, learned alot, gathered experience and developed, then YES, that is successful.

Is Laughton a good 4th line player, yes he is. To say no one else can be brought in to do his job, I won't agree. I liked Tyer Pitlick better. But my issue remains the same. He was a first round draft pick that turned into a good 4th liner. YAY! I'm not sure who screwed up more, the Flyers for drafting him that high (proabably, they love over valuing players), or Laughton for never developing into more. Either way, it doesn't matter, he will probably be traded, so he WON'T be playing any line for the Flyers next season.....and I will be happy about it

if me opposing your POV is going to get you all butt hurt, let me know. I'll gladly ignore you

I liked Clitlick too , since he left our grit and forecheck was not the same . Laughton is a similar player and I am saying that someone  in management didn’t think Pitlick was worth a raise and could be replaced and they were wrong . Finding a good fourth line is not that easy . My definition of successful would be that Laughtons replacement is equal too or better than Laughton. As far as being butt hurt, I have no interest in your sexual proclivities. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not really. He is a center or LW and Raffl is a right wing.

That will be another forward like NAK replacing Raffl.

Allison may by next year too. A few options.

Raffl has played every position up front, Laszynski plays  Right wing and center. Laughton plays left wing and center . What I’m saying is Raffls spot on the team is being replaced by Laszynski , not specifically his spot on left wing. Laughton can play left wing, Laszynski at center and NAK on right wing

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Wow, you are in full on prick mode today. Good for you. Its very effective

So, I coached football, not hockey. I never played organized hockey. I was never coached at hockey. I never professed any of the like. Should I take your screen moniker and assume from it what you are?

Don’t be such a sensitive sally , I’m just bustin balls...don’t you know by now, I am the foremost authority on Flyers hockey . As for my moniker , I do resemble RJ, from the waist down. I talk loud and carry a big stick.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

If you look at Laughtons draft year 2012, he was picked 20th , it wasn’t a great draft class , there were a number  of huge failures picked at the top and none of the players picked after Laughton 21-30 amounted to much except for Tanner Pearson . In general more than half of those 30 players taken  in the first round were flops. So we actually made a good pick.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Raffl has played every position up front, Laszynski plays  Right wing and center. Laughton plays left wing and center . What I’m saying is Raffls spot on the team is being replaced by Laszynski , not specifically his spot on left wing. Laughton can play left wing, Laszynski at center and NAK on right wing

We're talking about a bottom 6 forward at the moment splitting hairs on this is the least of this club's worries right now....if they lose Laughton and/or Raffl they will be fine.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

We're talking about a bottom 6 forward at the moment splitting hairs on this is the least of this club's worries right now....if they lose Laughton and/or Raffl they will be fine.

I don’t care about Raffl, I think he is done in Philly. if Laughton will re-sign for a reasonable contract, great. If he wants too much, then we have no choice but to trade him. Top priorities... improve the defense via UFA or trade, dump overpaid stiffs, Jake especially, infuse some size and shooting ability , hopefully Allison ,Laszynski and Foerester , re-sign Morin and we also need a backup goalie , Moose is on his last legs.

6 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

if Laughton will re-sign for a reasonable contract, great.

Sure but he is making 2.3 mill right now and that is a little pricy for a bottom 6 guy.

However he can play up the lineup so if he is willing to say sign a two year deal for about 2.5 mill per i could see keeping him....otherwise move on.

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Phil Conner!

I thought that was you!

Don't tell me you don't remember me.
I sure as heckfire remember you.

Not a chance.

Ned!

Ryerson!

Needlenose Ned. Ned the Head.

Come on, buddy. Case Western High!

I did the whistling bellybutton trick
at the talent show.

Bing! Got the shingles real bad
senior year. Almost didn't graduate.

Bing again!

I dated your sister a couple times
till you told me not to anymore.

Well?

LOL...Love it

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

I'm not sure who screwed up more, the Flyers for drafting him that high

I suppose a case could be made for Tanner Pearson, but there's not a whole lot in that draft past him that's an obvious "miss."

A lot of people - can't quite remember who... - wanted Olli Maataa 🇫🇮:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool: