Any news on our concussed guys.

Guest roenicksdad97

Have heard nothing at all about JVR, no updates on Briere or how Jagr is doing.

Have heard nothing at all about JVR, no updates on Briere or how Jagr is doing.

the last thing i've heard is 'out indefinitely'. which is pretty misleading. it makes it sound like they're out like chris pronger. i don't think that's the case. briere and jvr, at least, travelled with the team to florida. maybe that's a good sign that they're getting close.

overall, though, the flyers org is getting a bit too cryptic with these injury updates. upper body, lower body... out indefinitely. why not let us know how bad it is.

"out indefinitely" which is pretty misleading. it makes it sound like they're out like chris pronger.

yeah,Giroux was out indefinitely and he only missed 4 games. It's the right approach. You can't really put a time table on concussions so there's really no point in even trying to speculate.

yeah,Giroux was out indefinitely and he only missed 4 games. It's the right approach. You can't really put a time table on concussions so there's really no point in even trying to speculate.

Ding ding ding! That's exactly how it should be. Let the body heal, regardless of time frame.

Let the body heal, regardless of time frame.

like Jagr's groin!

I have to guess with him it's a matter of it not really healing as much as it is an issue that's always gonna be there and isn't going away> therefore it's either too much to play through or it isn't. The only reason I can guess as to why he keeps coming back and then tweaking it. Dunno though, never had that kind of injury

JVR has been on twitter & other social networking sites alot recently, but I always thought that when you have a concussion you werent allowed to text, go on the computer, or even watch tv. So if he's allowed to do all those things, I'd assume he should be getting close to recovered and coming back.

Edited by emwags618

Well I've had concussion's before and the one thing my doctors said was that I was not allowed on the computer, or watch tv or anything unill the later stages when I was almost fully recovered cause it's really bad and can make things worse, so I'm just saying if he's allowed to do those things, he should be getting closer to his return.

And as for his playing skills, yeah he hasn't really lived up to what we expected. But then again he is only 21 and he could just be in a bit of a slump. But I hope he steps it up soon cause he is a real key player when he's doing what he's supposed to.

@emwags618

Maybe he's not as bad as we're left to think. Maybe they just want him to sit to recover from whatever injuries or excuses he needs, and come back and play. I'm ok with all of that. I just want to see HALF the desire we saw last postseason. He's a very frustrating guy to watch, cause you know what he can do when he feels like it.