Federal Law requires that you be 13 years of age or older to register for our forums. If you do not meet the age requirement, do not proceed with registration. If you are already registered and it is determined that you are under age 13, your account will be deleted. Although our content is suitable for all ages we are not permitted to collect personal data required for registration such as email addresses, IP numbers, etc, on individuals under age 13. By registering you acknowledge you have read and accept the forum rules.
1) To provide the most up-to-date hockey related information.
2) To provide a place for quick (short) discussions about said hockey related information.
3) To provide a space for site updates, announcements, new topics, blogs and new member welcomes.
Keep Chatbox chat to hockeynews, site questions, and announcements.
Members must take extended conversation to the game chat - or Discord Chat - as Hockey news, topics, and announcements of the day quickly become lost from view.
Use hockey related links for all images and videos. No NSFW links.
Refrain from Political, Religious and other content that may be offensive to our members as we all have different backgrounds and beliefs.
Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members.
Posting links to NSFW content, Circumventing the obscenity filter, Posts for Personal Gain or Advertisements are not allowed.
Those that persist to violate the site forum rules in the chatbox such as offensive posts, mocking other members, posting links to NSFW content, circumventing the obscenity filter, etc will be placed in the “penalty box” --ban length can vary from 24 hours to a permanent ban.
Report issues to hf101
HockeyForums Rules of Conduct: Applies to posting on the forums, blogs, shoutbox, game chats, and ALL profile fields of your user account, including, but not limited to user name, user title, web page, avatar, signature, and location.
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists. Quotes by other members are not to be edited. You may reply to a partial quote, but do not change the quoted content in any way. No one likes to be misrepresented or have words put in their mouth.
2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one Hockey Forum team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.
3) Spamming: Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not PM or email multiple members of this site the same message. This includes "bump threads" and posts intended merely to increase one's post count. Worthless posts with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone's time. One or two word responses such as "Me Too", "I agree", "great post!", smileys not accompanied by content, and similar responses may be considered spam. Creating large blank areas in posts is spam. These are not allowed on the hockey forums. Fantasy League announcements/solicitations are to be posted in the Fantasy Forum ONLY. If you solicit on our other forums you will be given an infraction for spamming and your posts will be deleted. Moderators on the team forums are permitted to allow a fantasy league thread in team forums as OFF TOPIC for that team's fans (e.g., NY Ranger Fans Yahoo Fantasy League). Anything beyond that must use the Fantasy forum found in Hockey Related. HockeyForums will only promote free fantasy hockey leagues and free games in Pick’em. Any individuals wishing to charge money for their fantasy leagues must be organized as a private league in the Fantasy Forum. Any monetary transactions are not to be discussed on the forums.
4) Offensive Posts: Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material. This includes "Victim Pictures" of people and animals after they have been through some form of bodily trauma, "Goatse" - Photographic picture featuring the rear end of anatomy, "Tubgirl" - Photographic picture featuring creative uses of anatomy and liquids, and pedophilic jokes (ones about having sex with children). Nude and semi-nude images are not to be posted here. That includes your avatar. These are not "Babe" forums for displaying content that belongs in swimsuit calendars or lingerie catalogues.
Do not circumvent the obscenity filter by using numbers or characters such as ! or $. A word's exclusion from the obscenity filter does not mean its usage is endorsed. If it's offensive, don't use it.
We have members from different countries, religions, and cultural backgrounds. Even if you express a point of view that is very popular in your culture, it may generate a negative reaction from members in another part of the world so please exercise tact.
5) Advertising: Posting or private messaging to sell, buy, or trade products or services, links to auctions, affiliate links, links to promote personal or commercial websites, blogs, other forums and so forth is not allowed anywhere without explicit permission. Abuse of the PM system is based on member complaints. If you have a website or business, you may include the link to your site in your signature ONLY. Links to other forums or to incentive-based promotions may NOT be included in signatures. Unsolicited advertising may result in a permanent ban and your site being blacklisted. While we encourage posters to cite sources and articles with links to websites, they are not to be posted by members with a vested interest in bringing traffic to those sites unless given permission by HockeyForums. If you own a personal Blog website and would like to partner with HockeyForums please contact us at email@example.com.
6) No Disclosure of Personal Information: Do not disclose any other member's email, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information. This includes the posting contents of emails, private messages, warnings, infractions, and bans. Do not bring personal disputes into the forums.
7) Copyrighted Material: Generally you can assume that anything you find online is copyrighted. Always post where the article or blog came from. For articles, use a portion of the text and then link to the rest of the article. In this way, it falls under "fair use", and most writers are happy to have the linkback. For images, always check to see what sort of copyright restrictions or Creative Commons license is being used for the image. When in doubt, attribute the image with a link back to the original.
8) Warez: Do not use these forums (this includes Private Messages) to swap/sell/buy illegal software (or other illegal materials), to arrange swapping, or to solicit advice to circumvent copyright protection. No linking to "underground" or "pirate" sites to get copyrighted materials, or asking for said sites. This includes FTP servers, websites, and the like. Soliciting invites to said sites is not permitted. Discussion of widely-known, established file sharing services (such as Kazaa) or websites (Digital Archive Project) is acceptable.
9) Disruption of Services: Autoplay embedded videos, scrollbombs or posts designed to cause thread or computer problems may result in a permanent ban and notification to your ISP.
10) Off-Topic Posting: Posts are to be on the topic of the board description where they're posted. Off Topic posts may be moved or closed at the moderators discretion. All political and religious discussions are not allowed.
11) Misleading Titles: The subject line of the topic post should be as informative as possible about the content of the post. This helps reduces duplicate posts.
12) Duplicate Posts: Please check the Latest Topics sidebar located on the Activity page before posting and make sure someone has not already done a topic similar to yours. Duplicate or similar threads are subject to being merged or closed at the discretion of the moderator.
13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel: It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.
14) Claiming to be a Public Figure: If you are one and wish to post as such, please contact an administrator for verification.
15) Outlandish Claims of Inside Information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.
16) Playing the Role of Moderator: You're not a moderator so don't correct posters as if you were a moderator. If a thread or post violates the rules, use the "Report” this post button rather than playing the parent. Editorial comments on the value of a thread or post, such as "useless thread", "in before the lock", "this thread should be closed", etc., are not welcome. This also may be considered spam, as it adds nothing to the discussion, and furthermore as thread hijacking and taking the thread off topic. If you don't like a thread and it doesn't break any rules don't reply to it! More often than not, that causes more problems than it fixes. Let us handle what is ours to handle.
17) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the Moderators): If you disagree or have a question with a warning, infraction on something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaints about moderator abuse should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated.
Do not plead the first amendment and cite your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either.
Do not post on behalf of someone who's banned. That'll probably get you banned, too. The idea of being banned is that they're no longer a part of this online forum community and are no longer allowed to interact here. No making threads that give glory to banned people. It's not a violation to mention them in passing but no threads that focus on them. ("Ah, Troll du Jour, I miss him so!" or "Hey, it's Troll du Jour's birthday!") Prohibited threads include "What banned member do you miss/would you bring back?" type of threads. They're banned; don't give them that attention. If a moderator gives you specific instructions in a warning, and you blatantly disregard it, you are subject to being banned. Banned members will have one chance to plead their case to be reinstated in the banned section, hockeyforums.net/index.php/forum/61-got-banned.
18) Promotion of Anything Illegal is Strictly Prohibited: Discussion of illegal drugs should be kept within academic or newsworthy limits only in the OT forum.
19) Forum Specific Rules: Please check the sticky threads at the top of each forum for any forum specific rules.
20) One Account per User: multiple accounts are not permitted. If you have a good reason for needing more than one account, contact an administrator and ask for permission. Circumvention of a temporary ban by use of another account will result in a permanent ban. Circumvention of any moderator action by use of more than one account will result in a minimum 30 day ban. While it's perfectly acceptable for multiple users to have an account on the same computer, be advised that misconduct by one will affect all. You are accountable for actions originating from your computer regardless of whether it's a friend or relative.
21) Clubs: Clubs are relatively new to HockeyForums as they provide a different path for connecting Forum discussion, Calendar, Gallery to a specific topic. Members can create new clubs with permission.
To Report a post that violates the rules click on the “report” button within the post and give a brief description of the rule being broken. The “report’ button is located in the user information field of each post. DO NOT PM, email, or post in the forums to report offensive posts. Usage of the Report Bad Post feature is the only means of reporting posts that violate our rules. All reports are kept confidential. You will not be contacted regarding your report. Whatever action is taken, if any, will remain confidential.
If you're interested in becoming a moderator send your application to email@example.com. No experience is required, but you must be a member for a minimum of six months. Simply state your interest, why you want to be a moderator, and which forum(s) you're interested in moderating. The length of time you've been a member, post quality and frequency, history of warnings/infractions, and recommendations from other moderators are taken into consideration.
Emails that do not include your username and registration email address will be ignored. If you are not writing from your registration email address, please be sure to include it in the body of your message.