Fantasy Hockey Leagues
The HF.net Fantasy Hockey Leagues currently consists of two (2) leagues (12 teams each) in a Tier'd format.
Our League of Champions is known as the "All Star League". This League is by invite only to those members who have earned a final placement (after playoffs) by finishing 1- 6 in last years (2016-17) All Star League and by finishing 1-3 in either the Conn Smythe or Jack Adams Leagues.
Each year the top 6 teams (after playoffs) will remain in the "All Star League" and the top three (3) teams from each of our two Bantam Leagues will be invited to participate in the All Star League. All teams finishing 7-12 after playoffs in the All Star League will be relegated to either of our two Bantam Leagues for the 2017-18 season.
EDIT: For the 2017-18 Season we will have one Bantam League known as the "Conn Smythe League". If warranted, a third league will be created. If no other Bantam Teams are created, then the top 6 finishers, after playoffs, will move up to the All Star League. If a second Bantam League is addend then we will use the top three (3) teams format in determining who will be invited to participate in the All Star League.
All of the leagues compete with the same rules as for the "All Star League" on the YAHOO fantasy hockey website in a weekly head to head CATEGORIES format.
If you have interest in joining our leagues in 2016-17 drop a PM to Pilldoc or hf101.
Teams / Divisions / Playoffs:
The League(s) shall contain a total 12 Teams owned by a single GM. There will be only one (1) Division in which the top 8 teams will make the playoffs. The bottom 4 teams will still compete in a Consolation Bracket to determine final seeding of #9 thru #12.
Scoring: (New for the 2017-18 season is in RED)
Scoring is based on Points in Head-to-Head weekly matchups.
Head-to-Head: Categories: In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another fantasy team to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.
A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).
If in a given week, your team scores more power-play goals than your opponent's, you'd be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with more saves than your team, you'd be charged with a loss. If the 2 teams end up tied in a given category, each will receive credit for a tied game.
It's important to remember that there are no daily wins/losses accumulated in a Head-to-Head League. You'll see a score displayed on your league overview page as the week progresses.
For example, after Wednesday's games have completed, you may be leading your opponent 6-4. This indicates that you're leading in 6 categories and trailing in 4 categories after Monday's, Tuesday's, and Wednesday's totals have been added together. This doesn't mean you've won 6 games or won Wednesday's matchup.
This weekly win-loss total will be added to a cumulative season record, which will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings. These standings will be based on your team's point total, with 2 points awarded for a category win and 1 point for a category tie.
Roster Size will consist of a total of 20 players with the starting line-up of 16 players. That leaves 4 for the bench and 2 spots for players on IR when needed. The breakdown for the roster is as follows:
Centers = 3
Left Wing = 3
Right Wing = 3
D-men = 5
Goalie = 2 (max of 3 per roster)
Bench = 4 (forwards, defenseman or a goalie)
IR+ (if needed) = 2
IR+ means if a player is day to day you can put them on IR
NOTE: There will be NO Utility position this year.
(FOW) Face Offs Won
(SOG) Shots on Goal
(BS) Block Shots
(PPG) Power Play Goals
(PPA) Power Play Assists
(SHP) Short Handed Points
(GWG) Game Winning Goals
(PIM) Penalty Minutes
(SV%) Save Percent
(SO) Shut Out
(GAA) Goals Against Average
if you don't make the minimum of 3 Goalie appearances, you lose all the goalie stat categories that week
- The schedule will start Week 1 of the Regular Season and run for 22 weeks. The Playoffs will run on Week #23, 24, and 25. There will be no games during Week #26 (the last week of the regular season).
Transactions: (Changes for 2017-18 are in RED)
- We will observe YAHOO's Undroppable Player List
- Line Up changes will be DAILY with them being locked at the first game of the week.
- You may acquire players either via by waivers or trades
- The Waiver period is 2 days. If you win a waiver claim, your team will move at the bottom of the list.
- There is a MAX of 5 roster moves per week.
- There is no trade limit. We are allowing a 2 day trade review period with 7 votes out of 12 required to Veto and trade.
- As of now the trade deadline is February 4th at 12 pm EST. NOTE: (This is subject to change)
- THIS IS NOT A KEEPER LEAGUE.
- The Draft Type will be a snake draft.
- We will allot 2 minutes for each pick (max allowed by ESPN)
- Trading of Draft picks will NOT be allowed. Draft order will be randomized 1 hour prior to draft time
- DRAFT DATE: TBD
- Auto drafting is available for those who cannot make their assigned draft, HOWEVER, we had some issues with this last year and we are strongly encouraging you to make the draft. (We do understand that things come up at the last moment)