Avs are going to the Stanley Cup Finals

It has been 21 years(2000-2001 season) since the team has hoisted the Stanley Cup. I was a big 8 years old at the time so to say the least this is really my first go around with the Avalanche and the Stanley Cup Finals. 

Along the way we have had the Kuemper issues. Nazim Kadri and the issue with Jordan Binnington  and then him being boarded and breaking his thumb and needing surgery and out for the remainder of the playoffs. 

Even with these things Mackinnon and Makar have pretty much rolled through the playoffs. 

I am extremely excited as is this State and City. It is going to be one exciting time.  GO AVS GO!!!

First and foremost welcome to the site, glad to have ya.....

The avs look like a powerhouse for sure, but then again so does Tampa, first 2 games vs the rags not withstanding.

However, should it be a Avs/Tampa Final, let's not overlook that Vas feller, could be, and should be the difference maker.

2 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

First and foremost welcome to the site, glad to have ya.....

The avs look like a powerhouse for sure, but then again so does Tampa, first 2 games vs the rags not withstanding.

However, should it be a Avs/Tampa Final, let's not overlook that Vas feller, could be, and should be the difference maker.

Whichever team makes it out of the East will easily become the biggest test of the playoffs for the Avs. Vasilevskiy is a difference maker for sure and especially on those critical difference making games. He is a game changer. I also think Shesterkin can be that sort of goaltender as well. Don't overlook the Avs though because they have a few of those kinds of difference maker players as well in MacKinnon, Makar, Landeskog and Rantanen.