STARS SIGN MATT DUCHENE TO ONE-YEAR DEAL

Brewin Flames

STARS SIGN MATT DUCHENE TO ONE-YEAR DEAL

The Dallas Stars have signed forward Matt Duchene to a one-year contract worth $3 million.
The deal comes roughly 24 hours after Duchene was bought out by the Nashville Predators with three years remaining on his deal and gives the Stars some extra punch in an offensive attack that features the likes of Jason Robertson and Roope Hintz. 

• 2 months later...

This is an exciting move and it's a shame more stars fans haven't flocked to this thread to voice their enthusiasm. Pick it up, lads.

I think this is a solid deal on an experienced player that will add a dash more physicality on the frontlines where I saw it lacking a bit in the playoffs. Hopefully he gels well with the team, because I think he has an awful lot to contribute/bring to the table. I can't wait to watch him play for us.

Yeah I was in vacation with no connection to the real world when it came out, and I remember having reacted in the generic Rumors/Trades/FA thread. Oh, there it is:

Well, I didn't see that coming. The top priority for the Stars is (or was) to find some quality defense depth so the problem remains. But a non-Nillesque deal at only one-year without the full MNC/NTC kit makes me like it. The price is decent, he's not the dominant top scorer anymore but he can still bring something as a middle-6 forward and on the PP as well.

I also like the Steel signing as he was one of the most dangerous Wild forward during the last series. Perfect for a bottom-6 role to replace Glendening. Nill is completely against buying out Suter with the $1M-ish left on the cap, I think we're gonna live with the current defense roster.

• Like 1