Winterhawks game 1

Guest Claude Monet

Leier. After making it a point to watch him last he is A LOT better than I thought he was. He is a very, very smart player that reads the game. He is on their top PK unit and was constantly put on the ice when there were face offs deep in the Hawks zone. The guy simply reads the game and breaks up plays all over the ice. He also is a pretty good skater with decent hands. Better skill set than I thought. All in all he was probably the best 2 way forward out there last night. Very good at bringing the puck up the ice and finding open ice. Doesn't have the hands of the Hawks top line players but he is a very solid two way second liner. Scored the first goal. As a Flyer fan I am a lot more excited after watching him last night.

Mac Carruth is a great goalie. I thought this already but he really played awesome last night. With the score 1-0 Carruth made a brilliant kick save on a low shot from close range. ten seconds later the hawks score. to me that save was the defining moment of the game. the guy doesn't give up rebounds, positioning is great and he is decent at playing the puck. the Blackhawks have a good prospect.

Seth Jones is Seth Jones.