Toharski seals win in Pittsburgh, Flames on deck

Buffalo Rick

The Sabres did not play their best in the third period.  Toharski did.  He saved us in this game and the short handed Sabres keep their heads above water while awaiting much needed help in the form of Middlestadt and Olofsson.  Olofsson is missed tremendously.  He adds the sniper to the team that we currently lack.  Tage Thomson has really improved.  His puck handling has improved drastically.  I believe Toharski has won the starting goalie job for now. But Thursday night the Flames will be in a foul mood after losing to Philly in OT.  I do not think they have lost two in a row this year?  I could be wrong?  But they are far better than Pittsburgh right now even though the Pens do have Jeff Carter who was robbed by Toharski twice point blank.  The Sabres have played far better at home this season.  They have usually won the shots on goal battle at home. Not always.  But they have been good at home.  Last nights win keeps them in the pack.  I cant wait to see Olofsson or Middlestadt or both.  It sounds like Middlestadt may be ready sooner than Olofsson?