Carolina up next

Buffalo Rick

The surging Sabres now go to Carolina to face one of the better teams in the East.  Mayen the Sabres are on that list also?  As of this post, they are firmly.  Only Boston has a better record in the Eastern conference at the moment.  The Islanders are picking up steam also.  The Sabres have not just been winning, they have beat some quality teams along the way.  Tage Thompsono and Tuch and Olofsson have been great and Dahlin and Powers have been pretty good also.  Powers was very impressive setting up one goal last night vs Pittsburgh, faking the shot and then putting  a perfect pass on the stick of Olofsson.  They  are really coming together so far. And I have to give Granato credit.  He has done a good job.  It seems he has really chosen Comrie to start over Anderson.  Not sure of this move but time will tell.  I still would like to see Luukenen get his shot. A big test as Sabres have a back to back with Canes and Bolts on Saturday afternoon I believe.  

Tough loss in a battle filled game. Dahlin was targeted by this dirty team and he will remember it.  He fought to the bitter end scoring with one second left letting them know, we will see you again. I upstate NY.  No time to worry, Tampa is next.  And tody