Sabres beat Bruins in a game to remember: New Years Eve beauty

Buffalo Rick

Heroes in this game?  Cozzens, Luukenen, and Tuch for sure.  Down 3-2 with approx 4 minutes left, the Sabres were hit with two penalties and Boston had a two minute 5 on 3.  It sure looked gloomy.  I thought it was over I must confess.  After Luukenen stood on his head and they killed the penalties, Cozzens and Tuch then took over and in OT Tuch ended it!!  What a win!  It was the Sabres 6th in a row.  Now they go to Ottawa on a back to back.  I just hope they stop the celebration in time for puck drop.  I wonder if Granato gave them the green light to have a few?  They sure earned it. I thought Own Power played a solid game also.  Luukenen has been lights out of late.  No  doubt it will be another guy in nets tonight, so it will be interesting to see if its Anderson or Comrie? This was one of the sweetest wins in some time.

In another life, a different Sabres team many years ago I remember them hanging 10 on the Rangers in Buffalo on New Years Eve.  It must have been in the 90s  I forget, but ages ago.  This one is sure sweet.  Sending Marchant home unhappy.  

Edited by Hockey Junkie
  • Like 1