Sabres, Levi ink ELC

Brewin Flames

On 3/22/2023 at 11:40 AM, JR Ewing said:

The Sabres have the 5th worst Expected Goals Against in the league, have given up the 7th most High Danger Chances, and the 7th most Shots. In other words, the defense (on a team level, not just the blueline) needs a lot of fixing, and throwing a kid into the deep end of the pool won't help him develop. No small part of goaltending is mental, and sending him out there to get lit up like a pinball machine could do long term damage.

The NHL is not a development league.  I don't have a problem with having him around the Sabres, and getting a chance to see what kind of preparation is needed at this level. Give him a few NHL games at the end of this season, let him make some NHL money, and then give him next year to play every day in Rochester. Like I said before, he's young, small and has never played a pro game. His long term development is much more important to the Sabres than getting a few feel-good wins at the end of a season where they're not ready to compete.

If they're smart, they'll play the long game here.

Well thanks to Comie and the shutout of the Islanders on Saturday, tonights game vs Montreal is big.  the Sabres still have a pulse.  Pitdburgh and Islanders can be caught if we can win.  I expect a tough game though. Montreal is playing far better now

On 3/22/2023 at 12:05 PM, radoran said:

This is true.

The Rangers have been so dominant that they've won *checks notes* one Stanley Cup since 1940.

And they've been to a Final in this century.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Where did Kane and Teresenko go Sir?