ECHL: Florida Everblades at Wheeling Nailers in Johnstown PA

Guest Ladyneat

I will say that this game was far from the best hockey I had seen. Nothing really happened until the 3rd period. Then we had it all fights and the lone goal. This was an interesting venue. It was truly a scenic drive to get there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neat1325/sets/72157629192525638/

It was truly a scenic drive to get there.

Hi again.......

I sometimes take pics of games. 99.99 percent are awful. I've asked some of the cameramen for tips, but I can't get the hang of it. How do you get that clarity in all your pictures?

Blocker for me its the camera. I use two a Canon S5 IS and and Canon Sx30 IS. The 30 right now I delete probably 60% the s5 I delete 20%. I use the sports setting for the S5 and I use the Aperture Priority setting on the 30. I try to be as steady as I can and pick my spots for the pictures. If you look almost all are in the same area of the ice. I do not try to get pictures every where. I know where the shots seem to be the cleanest and just shoot for those. For both cameras shooting over the glass also seems to be preferred. It seems to yield some good results.