Sabres fans and coach in the dark

Guest Hockey Junkie

I sit here a day after a season ends, far from how we expected it to end. We did not expect to win the Cup. But we did not expect to miss the playoffs either. Its a sad and lonely feeling as I am sure many here can relate. More questions than answers. Will Miller stay? Will they have the sense to sign Vanek and Ott to long term deals? But first the big question is do they keep or fire Darcy Regier. Arguments can be made for his staying due to his handling of things at the deadline, including getting more for Pommenville than I ever imagined. And you could argue he has not had an open wallet for most of his time here either. Pegula has not been here that long. But the firing of Lindy Ruff has to mean he is on a short leash also. I think he made a mistake firing Lindy. Time will tell what Pegula decides on his fate. I suspect their draft will be far more eventfull than the Bills for what its worth. I know one thing, we fans are not going to tolerate missing the playoffs again.