Jagr & Brodeur- Fellow Long-Timers to Play Together

goalnut3133

I thought this was an interesting article about these 2 players who both started their careers on the same day in the 1990 Draft. They are currently the only 2 remaining active players from that 1st round. There are also some neat stats from fellow players of that 1st round, some fizzling out, some going on to glory. Love the story behind Brodeur & the incredible foresight Lamoriello had in selecting him 20th overall, when he was overlooked by all those other GMs. There's also nostalgic footage of that 1990 draft & also one of Brodeur's coming of age which gives me chills watching the superstar bloom.

Jagr was recently traded to Devils on a 1-yr, $2 mil contract.

http://thehockeywriters.com/jagr-to-brodeur-gems-from-the-1990-entry-draft/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@TretiakCCCP20  I still can't believe Brodeur is 41 yrs old & still looking good in net...he probably has to workout twice as hard at the gym to stay in shape & keep up with the rest! I mean it's natural for just your flexibility alone to decline as you head into 40. Un-freakin-believable!  :o