Sharks-Hawks tomorrow night

Chicago Hawkie

I didn't see the game last nite unfortunately, just caught a few highlights, but Wow! How did that happen?! Was Khabiboulin (sp?) just off his game or did no Hawks players show up in front of him? How was it not even close?

I'm looking forward to tonite's game, should be a good one, as both teams seem to be struggling a bit, so see who will rise better to the occasion!  Yah, I'm anxious to see too how they fare against Niemi! 

Unfortunately again, won't be able to catch the whole game as I'd like, my Nucks are on just an hour after your start.  :(

(Btw- I'm not extremely hopeful that the Nucks will win vs Dallas tonite, as that rascal Tyler Seguin is really on a hot streak right now! Geezus that kid!  :o  Tho', admittedly, I have been enjoying watching him in Dallas...lol)

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

I think it was a little bit of both ... Khabi got injured in the first period and Crow had to come in on what would've been a rest for him, but the way it went it wouldn't have mattered who we had in net.  It looks like the Predators were determined to end their losing skid no matter what.  We could've actually had a brick wall in net and the result would've been the same.  :o

I think maybe it is because it was a full moon and the stars were not aligned.  :lol:

I will be hoping your Canucks beat Dallas.  :)   Maybe in that game, the Stars will not be aligned ...

• Like 1

Oh right, I forgot poor Khabi got injured too, groin I think? Ouuuccch!! Just hate seeing goalies get that kind of injury...(Lu struggled with this a bit not so long ago too, but thank goodness it hasn't seemed to come up again)....it's gotten so common now this year, that every time I see a goalie go post to post, or attempt the splits, I cringe, hoping it doesn't happen to them too!

You're right too, I did notice there was a full moon last nite!  So that has to be the reason! LOL!  :o

Well, dude, good luck to both of us tonite, huh?!  ;)

• Like 1

Hawks lead 1-0 after 1st period on Brandon Pirri goal

After last night's disaster, this one is getting off to a good start.  It is important for the Hawks to strike first, as the Sharks are like quicksilver (I don't know if that really made sense, but it sounds cool ... :) ).  If they were fast last season, they're even faster now ...

Way to go Hawkie! A blowout against the Nucks' great nemesis! Was trying to catch bits here & there. Better than we thought, huh?!  

As for us...(sigh)...there seems to be an invisible shield around nets for us these days...we had about 80 shots last nite, about half of them on net....with a grand total result of....ONE GOAL!  (Well, technically, 2...before Kari's mother, ahem, I mean the ref, called it goalie interference....I think Stevie Wonder could have told you it was a good goal....I've seen faaar worse interference on goalies than that & surprised when the goals were good! Even Kari wasn't complaining....THAT should give you a clue ref!)  OK, rant ended.

Anyway, onwards & upwards....I mean, we HAVE to beat the Panthers next, right?....sniff...sniff....right??  :(

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

Aww, thanks!  I'm glad the Hawks could help ... ;)

Between Nashville and San Jose ... the Sharks are the better team, so this was a big win, which is good, but the Predators are in the Hawks' division, so that isn't so good.  I think I will take the glass half-full approach and applaud the win!

I hope your Canucks beat the Panthers!  :D   I wish they could've beaten Dallas last night, also.  The ref should turn the forcefield off around your net.  However, when our teams meet this Friday night, I'm going to have to turn the forcefield back on ... :P

Ohh da-mn, Hawkie! We meet Sat nite!  :o   Don't worry...you'll beat us no prob! It would be a miracle if you don't...

The one good thing I can say is that we're playing at home and not at THE MADHOUSE!!!  :wacko: yeesh! hate playing there!

And Rogers Arena has been a library lately so.... :huh:

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

I am SO looking forward to that game Saturday night ... :D

I think Rogers Arena will be a little louder with the Hawks in town.  With rivalries like this, we can throw the statistics out with the kitchen sink.  :lol:

BTW, check out my response to Hockey Junkie on my "How can I change my avatar" thread.  When I was posting a decade ago, my board friends and I used to make bets like these all the time ...

LOL, if the Arena is loud on Sat nite, don't worry, it won't be for long, I imagine it going quiet pretty quickly once the Hawks start scoring!  We've been so crappy lately, 5 losses in a row now.

Regarding the bets, that's funny!  I don't mind at all posting your Hawk sig after they win (which i'm sure they will!), but I honestly can't think of any positive Nucks sig for you to post if we miraculously won....they'd have to start winning more consistently for me to make a pro-Nucks sig!   :wacko:   The only positive I can think of at the moment is Lu's play in net, he's been our best player lately. 

But we can still bet for fun, I'd just have to think hard to come up with something....haha

(PS--  FYI-- unfortunately, we can't post 'images'/avatars in our sigs....just the wording only ;) )

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

All righty then ... bring it on!  :D

"The only positive I can think of at the moment is Lu's play in net, he's been our best player lately."

I know he was one of the main characters in the rivalry, particularly in 2010.  Even the Chicago Sun-Tumes writers were talking smack about him. so I guess posting a sig praising his exploits against the Hawks for a week will be tough.  :ph34r:   I'm actually kind of happy for him that he is doing well after this off-season.

One of my bosses' bosses at work is from Vancouver and is a Canucks fan and needless to say, he's already talking up this game.  :lol:

• Like 1