Lightning Reassign Korobov to Syracuse

HockeyLady

Fine by me.

He looks to project as a solid, big bodied, stay-at-home type D-man with a hard shot...but at only 24 yrs of age, the glut of D-men the Bolts are currently trying to sort at the NHL level, AND the demands of the defensive position, I'd say regular playing time in the AHL could do him some good.

No doubt Tampa Bay needs a big shut down defenseman or two, but right now, Eric Brewer, of all people seems to be serving that role quite well.

Also, I've liked the play of Andrej Sustr as that type of player (when he's played), and he is only 22.

Victor Hedman seems to be able to do both shut down duties and offense and his development continues to go along nicely.

That doesn't leave much playing time for Korobov, so better to be a regular in the AHL than riding the pressbox regularly in the NHL...at least for now.

Injuries can and will happen...if Korobov just continues to work on his trade, and carve out his identity in the American League, I am quite sure a call back to the Lightning will happen for him...then it will be his job to make the decision to send him back as difficult as possible.