Hawks-Coyotes tonight!

Chicago Hawkie

Hawks lead 3-0 after one!  Awooooooooooo Awoooooooooooooooooooo Awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Three different Hawks scored to put us up 3-0, to the delight of the many howling Hawks fans at Jobing.com Arena in Phoenix.  It sounds almost like a Hawks home game, and Mike Smith is proving to be mortal!

Kane, Shaw, and Hjalmarsson scored the goals.  The Coyotes have gotten into penalty trouble, which has benefitted the Hawks.

Hawks' discipline going south as Coyotes make it close

Johnny Oduya took two penalties in the second period and Nik Hjalmarsson's unsportsmanlike penalty (because he couldn't stop chirping) cost the Hawks as the Coyotes narrowed the Hawks' lead.

Antti Raanta (who at times is reminding me a lot of a certain former Hawks' goalie named Antti ;) ) is having a good game but he can't be expected to bail us out all the time because we're taking up residence in the penalty box.

Hawks win 5-2 to end Circus Trip

The Hawks ended their Circus Trip with 6 straight wins.  Five different Hawks scored in this game.  That's a trend that I've noticed lately - balanced scoring.  Antti Raanta, the Hawks' backup goalie, is looking a lot like Antti Niemi when he was a Blackhawk.

What a fun game to watch...so fast & furious haha!  I was able to catch the 2nd period. Yah it got close there with the Avs, they looked sharp too. I've really been enjoying watching Antti Raanta establish himself in net, he looked awesome again. There was 1 of his several great stops where he was screened & sliding to his right, but was at the last moment able to kick his left foot out & make the save. Keeping this up, he will be on the rise & a great back-up or tandem with Crow.  Added solidity to an already solid, deep team.  (Man, they are gonna be great to watch against the Blues!)  :D

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

I think the Hawks will do fine vs. the Blues now.   :)   Earlier in this season, it seemed like the Hawks were trying to come together as a team after an off-season break that was too short.  The Circus Trip allowed them all to come together as a team and roll out 4 lines.

The thing I've noticed about Raanta is that nothing seems to faze him ... he could have the entire opposing team right in front of him and it doesn't seem to bother him.

• Like 1