Hope I don't lose an eye; at least my teeth will be okay...

bunnyman

I am now using a beefed up HM-30 cage by Warwick Masks (same cage as Osgood), and I haven't been happier! My game hasn't gotten better, but I can see. I also don't have to wipe down my Avision Ahead cage/visor, as the factory fog-free treatment has gone away and needs a wipe-down between shifts.

This is definitely a more stout cage than the Cooper original. Using a Cooper original these days would be irresponsible, as many are over 30 hears old!!! I have no desire to gamble with an old cage...

The HM-30 won't let in a puck, but there are areas that a freak accident (or set play) with a stick could put out an eye or break my cheek bones; though I have heard of none of these things happening to the countless goalies who have worn this type of cage on their helmets or masks.

I probably could have paid a bit more for a custom version that has smaller openings, but the custom cage maker is slow to answer e mail and has no phone number on his website. I need to communicate with someone I am going to let part with my money.

post-1100-0-78812400-1394856835_thumb.jp