Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

General Hockey

Subforums

1. Fantasy Hockey

General Fantasy Hockey Discussion

HF-Fantasy-Hockey-Leagues_Logo sm.png     Our HF. net Fantasy Hockey Leagues ,  NAHANA Keeper League and HF.net Playoff Fantasy are located in Leagues

Must be an active member of HF.net with >100 posts to advertise a Fantasy League on the HF.net forums.

History of the Game, Players and Teams

Dedicated forum to fights in the NHL and around the hockey world.

Hockey related Trivia, Quizzes, Fun Stuff
    `-Topic Starter can mark "Best Answer"

Post your Favorite Hockey Videos

530 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 277 replies
  2. Random Hockey GIFs

• 20 replies
  3. Who do I belong to?

• 529 replies
  4. Hockey / Sport Stream Sites

• 6 replies
  5. Other topics
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
  6. Dumbness

• 4 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 55 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 159 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 3 replies
  7. Noise

• 2 replies
    • 8 replies
  8. Red Fisher

• 4 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• New for the 2018-19 Season

Play Pick'em

Predict the NHL Daily Matchups and Scores

Join - Post your Game Results- Earn points 

Weekly Winners 

Play Pickem -3.png

• Current Discussions in our NET

Flyers Goaltending Situation
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      They are at 47 contacts so they have room contract and money wise.   I would waive Pickard when Neuvy is healthy. Give Neuvy one more chance.   Then say he falters then i would look elsewhere after waiving Neuvy.   Flyers should have traded for Anderson before the season started when they were moving guys out.   I would have traded them Elliott and Gudas or another prospect like Friedman and a pick or something. Found away.   He is just what they needed a guy signed for two more years at 4.75 mill. And now he is 3-1-1 with a 925% in Ottawa.   The price to get him now has to have doubled.
      Game 7: Flyers at Blue Jackets 10/18/18 7:00 pm
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      Not the sole reason but a huge part of it. Having 3 backup goaltenders gets you just where they are at.   These guys can't make routine saves and that is what has to be troubling the team when they go back and watch the film and break it down.   Sure there are going to be mistakes it is a game that is constantly on the move show me a team that doesn't make mistakes.   They need a guy who is going to hold them in the game give them a chance and maybe even a confidence boost that he has their backs.   And right now they don't have that. The players will never come out and throw the goalie under the bus they wouldn't want that done to them.   But at the end of the day the goalie has to make the saves he is suppose to and then a few he shouldn't.  They don't have that even going back to when Mason was here he would make some awesome saves and then let back breaking routine saves by him and that is what takes the wind out the team's sail during the game and just kills momentum.   They should have did like i suggested and made an aggressive move for Craig Anderson when the Sens were moving guys out.   He was what they needed a vet goalie signed for the next two years (2 at 4.75mill). Well worth it.   Now he is sitting 3-1-1 with a 3.02 gaa and 925%.......numbers we would kill for in Philly. And the price to acquire him has doubled!   Elliott 4.04 gaa 874%   Pickard 4.75 gaa 833%   Yikes just straight up brutal....no cub can win with goaltending like they have been getting. And you would think having a former goalie as a GM he would know that. SMFH.
      Minnesota Wild @ Nashville Predators, Monday 10-15-18, 7:00pm, Bridgestone Arena
      Minnesota Wild
      EJ0226 - Posted
      I just didn't see the ability in CF to make a winning team. For sure after a few years with Parise and Suter the panic set in and made poor decisions. The draft pick throwaways for rentals that literally disappeared out of the NHL after their time with the Wild was over is by far some of the worst decision making I have seen. That really tells me CF was panicking and throwing away the future for some kind of patchwork that was already shredded up.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      brelic - Posted
      If JVR and Patrick can come back and the team stabilizes a bit, then maybe the team finds its way out of this.   Pickard and Elliott have not bailed the team out, but I'm not sure many goalies could. And those that could simply aren't available. They are team-wide problems.  
      Sebastian Aho
      Carolina Hurricanes
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      He is a thorn in my Flyer's side every time they play now it seems.   Kid isn't big but he has the heart of a lion.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      Digityman - Posted
      I'm with you two @brelic  @Poulin20    I think the team is on the brink.  Not because of the loses or their record.  But the lack of effort, back-checking and blown coverage among other related items.  What  @brelic said in #4 is exactly my thought.     In my opinion, the only way Hak keeps his job through the holidays is if the team strings a good stretch of games and comes out with 12-14 wins in the next 20 games.   To where they are visibly better in all aspects of the game, not just getting the 6-4 wins
      Philadelphia Flyers
      flyer4ever - Posted
      Finish 8th. Lose in 1st round. Count money. Stay mediocre. The Flyer way.

About HF.net

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free