Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

General Hockey

Subforums

1. Fantasy Hockey

General Fantasy Hockey Discussion

HF-Fantasy-Hockey-Leagues_Logo sm.png  HF. net FHL ,  NAHANA FHL and HF.net Playoff Fantasy have moved to Clubs.

Must be an active member of HF.net with >100 posts to advertise a Fantasy League

History of the Game, Players and Teams

Dedicated forum to fights in the NHL and around the hockey world.

Hockey related Trivia, Quizzes, Fun Stuff
    `-Topic Starter can mark "Best Answer"

Post your Favorite Hockey Videos

527 topics in this forum

• 277 replies
  1. Random Hockey GIFs

• 20 replies
  2. Who do I belong to?

• 529 replies
  3. Hockey / Sport Stream Sites

• 6 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
  4. Dumbness

• 4 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 55 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 159 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 3 replies
  5. Noise

• 2 replies
    • 8 replies
  6. Red Fisher

• 4 replies
    • 9 replies
  7. frustrated

• 2 replies
    • 5 replies
  8. Is NHL.TV down?!

• 4 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Current Discussions in our NET

RIP Ray Emery, 35 yrs old
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      That is just theory with the cortisone leading to cartilage break down.   He hasn't been proven yet it hasn't been disproven.   But it is why I refused to use one in my ankle and knee when I had those two different injuries.   I didn't want to take the chance.   But as I said his issue with was a circulation thing I forget the term but it lead to his hip issues that he had fixed but maybe the damage was already done.   As you say the cortisone mask it so you can't feel the pain as well as further damage.   So yeah had he not had those he may have got it fixed. Due mostly maybe to bad medical advice.   Can't say for sure only speculate.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
      It's little talked about in sports, but the (legal) steroids they often pump these guys with to reduce inflammation in those injuries where a tear or a break isn't really apparent can cause all sorts of other problems including a loss in bone density which can weaken bones and the connections with tendons.  This is made more acute by local injections of the stuff.     I'm fairly convinced it's why Razor's hip bone broke any could also be why Ryan Howard's achilles tore.  Ray in particular had been given multiple local injections of at least cortisone leading up to the injury because the team had just started winning again.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      Guess you'll never know but his hip issues was a circulation issue more than anything else.   Same thing that ended Bo Jackson's career.   Maybe if he had the surgery sooner it could have prolonged it. Yet not sure if that was the case why he put it off.   And it could also been just bad medical advice or to do so.   Regardless sad the same.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
      A lot of goalies are still playing near the top of their game at 35.  I always liked Razor.  I still feel that if They'd sat him instead of shooting his hip full of cortisone and other steroids so he could keep playing, he might not have had the catastrophic hip failure and at that point, who knows.     No matter what, this is a real tragedy and my heart goes out to those closest to him.
      Blackhawks down!! Offseason primer
      Chicago Blackhawks
      RichardS2492 - Posted
      I think the Hawks need to re-sign Panarin & Shaw back to the team. I can't explain how easy the hawks gave up their efforts to be the "Best" their losing easy games & giving up offensively/ defensively. Do t get me started on the goalie (Crawford) is good enough to beat opposing teams but, he's giving up EASY GOALS!  ONCE Shaw & Panarin return to this team....THEY WILL BE A FORCE TO RECON WITH! 
      Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      Hey a slow day and all so why not ask this would you trade for Tuukka Rask???   I seent his article and there is no proof that Bruins want to move on from him and all but at 31 and only on the books for 3 more years would he be a good option...just asking for a friend.   Here is the article.   Hidden Content Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.   So i wonder if the Bruins would take say Elliott as part of the deal???   Now of course it would require more but just kicking some tires on this.   Would Rask 7 mill cap hit for the next 3 years bbe too much or would he just be a bad option all around.   2018-19 Rask/Neuvy/Lyon 2019-20 Rask/Lyon/Stollie 2020-21 Rask/Hart   And maybe just maybe by 2020-21 trade Tuukka before the trade deadline.   Thoughts??   Worries.   Comments or concerns welcome.   I will not be able to comment right back headed to the gym.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      Ray visited by Joe Frazier:    
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.

About HF.net

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free