Who do I belong to?

hf101

A Goalie Mask Guess Who Thread.

Rules:

I will start with picture of a goalie mask. The first person to identify the owner will then post the next goalie mask for members to identify. When announcing the member who correctly matches the mask to its owner provide the forum with any interesting info about the mask.

One mask at a time until a winner has been named.

NHL goalie masks only.

Goalie masks do not need to have been worn.

Keep this thread one mask at a time.

Please allow at least a day before giving hints if asked.

• Like 2

Carey Price... Crap we drafted him?!?!

I'm going to be sick

Um no, we did not draft Carey Price. And the mask does not belong to Carey Price. However he has something to do with it.

Mojo you are definitely on the right track. Try again. :)

Correct Mojo :D

The Mask belongs to Jerry Price drafted by the Flyers in 1978. Carey Price had the mask made for his father and gave it to him on Fathers Day.

It was a tribute to his father (who was drafted by the Flyers) and his journey with Carey growing up and teaching him to play hockey. The one side was the Philadelphia theme with the Liberty Bell ghosted into the logo and atop is the bold iconic bridge. The other side was “The Journey” (name of the mask) on top of the mask is a soft oil painting style of Anahim Lake BC where Carey was raised. I chose that style for the calm, serene feel of the land as well as most of the art that was produced in that region was either oil painting or water colors. Ghosted in the logo you will find the same Piper Cherokee plane that Jerry bought to fly Carey to the rink in Williams Lake. With a little added touch though, I replaced the aviation numbers on the side of the plane with the numbers 081687, which is Carey’s birthday.

Your turn.

@mojo1917 Well, it's obviously a take on Gerry Cheevers mask from the seventies....loved that thing! Was also a big fan of the simple approach Doug Favell took in the seventies. The art of the modern era is cool, no doubt, but some of the simple ones from past eras are really nice.

• Like 1

@Polaris922

that's a famous mask as well ,let's see if anyone else bites on it though.

here is my blurb about the steve sheilds mask which I forgot to post after your correct answer.

Shields had a notable goalie mask which was designed while he was a member of the Boston Bruins. Shields's mask was a tribute to former Bruins goalie Gerry Cheevers famed "stitch mask". He continued wearing the stitch mask after he was traded to the Florida Panthers and signed with the Atlanta Thrashers.

@Polaris922

that's a famous mask as well ,let's see if anyone else bites on it though.

here is my blurb about the steve sheilds mask which I forgot to post after your correct answer.

Shields had a notable goalie mask which was designed while he was a member of the Boston Bruins. Shields's mask was a tribute to former Bruins goalie Gerry Cheevers famed "stitch mask". He continued wearing the stitch mask after he was traded to the Florida Panthers and signed with the Atlanta Thrashers.

I was afraid to go too obscure, you know? Finding something so difficult nobody could name it.

The one I posted is kind of obscure. I have to go back and check the rules. I might have broken them...

EDIT: yeah I kind of did. The guy played in the NHL, including a few games with the Flyers (!), but that mask is not from his days in the NHL (i.e. WHA).

Shoud I post a new one @hf101?

Edited by Podein25