Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
  • Announcements

• hf101

NHL Game Highlights   10/24/2017

Check out our newest site feature - NHL Game Highlights located in Videos of main menu.

Videos

Sign in to follow this  

Post your Favorite Hockey Videos

Add a video. View our Full Video Section

115 topics in this forum

1. How to Embed a YouTube Video in a Post

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
  2. NHL Name Drop

• 2 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Giroux Handles

• 8 replies
    • 3 replies
  4. Impressive amateur lacrosse moves!

• 1 reply
  5. John Scott

• 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. Hockey fans

• 2 replies
  7. Hockey Stick Tricks

• 1 reply
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Current Discussions in our NET

"We did a lot of good things out there"
      Philadelphia Flyers
      mojo1917 - Posted
      I hate the Weise acquisition. I don't hate Filppula, I think the Flyers have been better since he's arrived.  He is frustrating though, he's got a decent shot that he's reluctant to cut loose. I remember tropical fruit girl telling us that when Hextall first made the trade...and it's she's proving to be clairvoyant. The nice thing about Filppula is he can walk, he can be traded and maybe bring back a prospect or pick or both ...with Weise the Flyers are on the hook for years and he's worth a skate sharpener on the market. Totally hate that Weise is playing meaningful minutes on this team.   You've seen Vecchione then ?  I'd like to see what he brings to the Flyers, I've heard he's a good skater and excellent leader, really how could that hurt ?      
      Philadelphia Flyers
      brelic - Posted
      I would scratch Konecny for a game or two. Not as punishment, but as an opportunity for him to refocus, watch a few games, and come back with more control in his game.   In his place, maybe bring up Martel, Lindblom, or Vecchione. If you bring up Vecch, that means more significant reshuffling.   G/C/V Weal/Patrick/Simmonds Raffl/Vecchione/Filppula Weise/Laughton/Leier   Maybe swap Laughton and Vecchione.   When Konecny comes back, stick him in Raffl's place, move Raffl to replace Weise, and scratch Weise.   I would also scratch Sanheim for a game or two. Same reason as Konecny - a learning opportunity, time to refocus.    Bring up Morin and give him a few games.  
      Witkowski suspended 10 games, Tkachuk facing hearing
      Around the NHL
      SpikeDDS - Posted
        Are you kidding? Call it attempted murder in the first degree! Witter is lucky to be alive after that shot! I’m just glad the trainers were able to save Witter’s leg with the tourniquet to keep him from bleeding out!   Close one!  
      Philadelphia Flyers
      caluso - Posted
      Thanks for your reply!   Provorov did NOT sit his rookie year. And, to be clear, even after Provorov was -5 against Chicago, I did NOT want him benched. I am sure that, like me, you recognize that Provorov is a once-in-a-lifetime talent, so to compare how he was handled to any other rookie, is unfair. Having said that, Sanheim might turn out to be great but right now he is struggling. Konecny, Ghost both watched from above. Why not, Sanheim.   My bigger issue is with Hakstol is the accountability? If he thinks someone is playing in an undisciplined way, it is on him to deal with it, not whine about it after the fact. Bench that player, send a message!   On another note, the construct of the team is flawed. Filppula and Weise were terrible acquisitions by Hextall. Why not bring up Vecchione and see what the team looks like with another speedy, skilled center. He is playing extremely well in the A. It can't be worse than what they look like now.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      mojo1917 - Posted
      I am trying to remember how Provorov was handled when he struggled early on  @caluso  did he watch a couple of games? I know Ghost did. However, I don't think Sanheim has looked awful, there have been moments when he's looked like a rookie to me, a few times where he's fumbled with the puck in the d-zone.  I really don't think he needs to be sent back to the A.    This group has been frustrating during these last 4 games. I have watched a good portion of 3 of the games. Both Min games and Wpg. The two games against Min were infuriating partly because of the trap the Wild play but also Hak's reluctance to play his effective lines.  Laughton and Leier were the most effective both nights, yet, we didn't see a whole lot of them.  There was no one on Mn that was going to outskate them, why not play them more? I also thought the Flyers looked pretty good vs  Wpg.  I was surprised the Flyers didn't win that game based on the two periods I saw. These guys are inconsistent. Is it because there are a lot of young guys playing big minutes?  I feel like this team competes every night and isn't a pushover.   I'm curious to see how they play these upcoming in-conference games.     
      Why Is Simmonds Playing?
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
        Well they can't even negotiate a new contract till the summer July 1st you have to be in the last year of your deal he is under contract for 18-19 once they have the discussion knowing what he wants, then they can move forward.   They have several options to trade him during the summer or keep him diring the year and move him before the deadline or last resort trade him at the draft or resign him to a new deal.   I see this clearing up some next summer maybe. I don't see him being traded rhia year.
      Gudas: Intentional ? or Not? (Update - 10 game suspension)
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
          A right hand shot to boot i think they can get at least a 2nd for him.
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.

About us

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and the great game of hockey in our Forums. Our members may write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more. If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent tweets

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free