Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
  • Announcements

• hf101

NHL Game Highlights   10/24/2017

Check out our newest site feature - NHL Game Highlights located in Videos of main menu.

Fights

Dedicated forum to fights in the NHL and around the hockey world.

27 topics in this forum

1. Check out our video section for more....

• 0 replies
  2. Brashear vs Probert - All Nine Rounds

• 0 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
  3. Hardest hit

• 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 3 replies
  4. Why We Fight

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  5. helmets

• 5 replies
  6. Tasker/Senn

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  7. Roberge/Angelstad

• 0 replies
  8. Tasker/Senn

• 0 replies
  9. Drop your gloves. com

• 11 replies
    • 3 replies
  10. a good one.

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  11. This makes Dave "the Hammer" very proud

• 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Current Discussions in our NET

Gudas: Intentional ? or Not? (Update - 10 game suspension)
      Philadelphia Flyers
      elmatus - Posted
        Couldn’t agree with you more about Bishop. I remember a couple folks wondering what it would take to bring him to PHI, and I remember feeling very uneasy at the prospect. He seems like a guy who was propped up by his team for a number of year. Also, he’s a big guy. Big goalies are often overrated. They play well in juniors because their size makes up for skill deficits. In the NHL, opposing players have elite shots and will find an opening. Being big isn’t enough. 
      Great Statistc Tool Evaluator
      Around the NHL
      BluPuk - Posted
      I am looking for a game-by-game listing of hits. Does anyone keep stats on hits any more?
      "We did a lot of good things out there"
      Philadelphia Flyers
      icehole - Posted
      Well, good luck to him.  I'm not so sure he'll be that good but who knows.  I know nothing about him, but that's usally the case for someone that was picked 27th.   I usually do know a little bit about the 5th overall pick though.  And when he can join a team that is on its way to winning 2 cups, at the age of 18, that says a little bit about his skill.  Then when his points go 0, 2, 18, 26, 41, 47, 59, 55 while playing with "bad linemates", I know he can get better.   The only way you trade a guy like that is if you just concede that you are not going to be a decent team while he is here.  That is a really weak way to GM in my opinion.  If you want to be proactive and make a deal like that, at least get more than a $4M+ absolute stiff, the 27th overall pick, and a conditional pick in return.   I've lost respect for Hextall in so many ways.  I think he is a sissy and I don't think he's very bright either.  Maybe he's taken too many pucks to the mask in his time.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      brelic - Posted
        Right on cue, Sam has been reading your posts, I guess.   Hidden Content Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.   I agree with you - Konecny has been frustrating to watch and he has not been a very smart player. In fact, he's made some really bad decisions. Sophomore slump? Whatever it is, I don't think it would hurt to give him a few games off.   Agreed on Weal too.   I wonder if it comes down to those two guys just not having the consistency needed at this level yet?    Sanheim has been this team's worst defenseman - and it's not a knock on him, just that he's without question a #6 out of 6 right now. Sit him for a few games, and if Morin does well, maybe give Morin until Christmas and send Sanheim down for a bit.    There's absolutely nothing wrong with Sanheim going back to the A. That kind of stuff happens all the time.     
      Philadelphia Flyers
      ruxpin - Posted
      I honestly don't think anyone should be shocked by this. I doubt the Tampa front office is.    As for the rest of your post, I don't really have any argument. I still think it's possible but I think your points are valid and present a challenge.    At some point, I think Gudas is probably in Morin's spot and will be moved. I hope I'm right and you're wrong but, like I said, valid arguments so... 
      Philadelphia Flyers
      elmatus - Posted
        I highly doubt you get a 1st for Gudas. You're right in that he's a solid dman, but he also lacks a number of qualities that prevent him from fetching a 1st rounder.    Would a team select him in the first? No. He doesn't play at that level. He doesn't produce enough, and he has a proven and awful tendency to take bad penalties. I have a hard time thinking a contending team will want a guy who spends so much time in the box (57 PIMs in 17 gms this season already...)   Simply put, he's the kind of player who is fun to watch because of the bruising hits he can deliver. He's not the guy you count on to help you on a cup run. Contenders tend to prefer the latter option.   That's not to say he wouldn't be tradeable. I think he absolutely could be. I just don't think it's to a Dallas or anything like that. I also don't think it's to a contender, and contending teams are generally the only ones who give up 1st round picks.   On that point, Dallas actually is much better defensively this year. They're being let down largely by Bishop, who is messing his pants every second game. He's looking like Bryzgalov 2.0 so far. That's gotta be fun for Dallas fans.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
        Hopefully in 3 years.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Sjsharknado
      Sjsharknado

About us

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and the great game of hockey in our Forums. Our members may write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more. If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent tweets

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free