Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Fights

Dedicated forum to fights in the NHL and around the hockey world.

31 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 15 replies
  2. Other topics
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 57 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. Steven Peat Article

• 0 replies
  4. Brashear vs Probert - All Nine Rounds

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
  5. Hardest hit

• 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 3 replies
  6. Why We Fight

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  7. helmets

• 5 replies
  8. Tasker/Senn

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  9. Roberge/Angelstad

• 0 replies
  10. Tasker/Senn

• 0 replies
  11. Drop your gloves. com

• 11 replies
    • 3 replies
  12. a good one.

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• New for the 2018-19 Season

Play Pick'em

Predict the NHL Daily Matchups and Scores

Join - Post your Game Results- Earn points 

Weekly Winners 

Play Pickem -3.png

• Current Discussions in our NET

Flyers Training Camp Thread
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      And now looking back at how the Flyers mishandled Mcturd....i know shocker they rush another player back...but why????   I mean damn Hak wanted to get Folin some games and the reason they signed him so not just play him instead of scratching Gudas who actually was playing well and playing another guy who wasn't healthy...really dude...colour me not shocked!!!   “I think in hindsight those couple of preseason games were a little premature,” MacDonald said. “I thought I could work back into it. I felt pretty good. It’s just the nature of the injury, I was able to skate a little bit sooner than you can do a lot of off-ice stuff. I wasn’t able to do much in the gym as far as getting that power and strength back. I thought I would be OK.”   “I wouldn’t say I’m completely 100 percent, but I feel pretty good,” MacDonald said. “It’s a just matter of getting into that routine and that game shape type of thing.” 
      Game 7: Flyers at Blue Jackets 10/18/18 7:00 pm
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      His system was exciting and fast paced.   I mean look what he did with the bottom 6 of Asham, Lappy, Powe, Nodl, Carcillo and Betts.   Throw those names out there and wow he made it work. Miss those days. A bottom 6 that could actually win games.   And he did it with Boucher, Emery, MF Leighton and Backlund....
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      No worry i am with you....firing him was just a knee jerk reaction that the Preds are happy about.   Would have been impressed to see what his Jam system could do with this club especially the wheels the blueline currently has.
      Minnesota Wild vs Arizona Coyotes, Tuesday 10-16-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center
      Minnesota Wild
      EJ0226 - Posted
      Honestly if you step away from being a fan for a second and look at this team from afar you can see some major issues. First they played a team that has only scored 2 five on five goals and 3 goals in regulation. The Wild should have the fire power to put the Coyotes on their heels. Factor in the "defensive style" Minnesota is suppose to be known for then the Wild should have won easily. Dubnyk had to make some incredible saves to keep the team in it. As somebody said, if Dubnyk was having a off game it could have easily been 4-1. The Wild appear to be overwhelmed a lot. Speed is lacking. Breakout is lacking. Puck control is lacking. Defense is lacking. Now if this wasn't a on going issue with the Wild it would be easy to wave it off and just call it a fluke. But the M.O. for this team has become this. Now factor in we are the oldest team and these older players are not all of a sudden going to get faster or start doing things they never have done before.   People would be wanting heads if the Twins did the same thing. Just a minor tweak cause them made the playoffs. Good teams build a team to win. Then improve it to make the playoffs. Then build it to advanced in the playoffs and finally build it to have a chance to win the championship. Making the playoffs over and over only to squeak maybe one win off in that run is not a sign of a good team or a team a tweak or two away. The Wild are built to be the 15th or 16th place team. Now age and lack of talent is starting to show its head more and more.

I am happy that they won. Us Minnesota sport fans have it rough. But I won't blindly follow a team and give them non stop support when there is clearly major issues going on. I will cheer for them but I will criticize them too. Especially with a owner who only thinks a tweak or two will make this team a deep playoff contender when it's becoming clearer and clearer the boat is leaking and patchwork jobs is no longer a option. I love having hockey back. I was heartbroken with Green left with the Stars. I love the Wild but I think the only shot this team had of winning the Cup was the first few years of the Parise and Suter signing but that has since long gone. I don't think this team makes the playoffs this year. If they do I foresee the same results as we have seen for years now. Now I would be happy to eat my words on this and they went deep and showed fight. But Parise and Suter are on the downside of their careers. Parise might be a good check away from retirement. To see a resurgence like Staal has had is very rare. I doubt we see that with anybody else from this group. I hope they win and go deep with this group. I would love for nothing else but I will also see the issues and not ignore them.  
      Pick'em FRIDAY, OCT 19, 2018
      NHL Game Matchups
      Poulin20 - Posted
      FRIDAY, OCT 19, 2018 AWAY HOME TIME     Florida 2 Washington 6 7:00 pm     Minnesota 3 Dallas 2 8:00 pm     Nashville 2 Calgary 3 9:00 pm    
      Philadelphia Flyers
      Poulin20 - Posted
      I wonder what Lavvy is doing these days??? Oh wait that's right, he's coaching the Division leading Predators.     (sorry I was an incurable Lavvy fanboy)

About HF.net

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free