Trouba's hit on Kadri, fights Dube 2/6/23

Brewin Flames

34 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Trouba destroys Kadri, BEATS UP Dillon...

More accurate now haha...if only Lucic would've beat up Trouba early in the game...oh well...only Lucic and Ritchie is a match of Trouba and Ritchie wasn't playing tonight...

Edited by Villella McMeans
  • Like 1

Every time I see a guy have to answer for a clean hit, I feel myself inching closer to becoming a curmudgeon.

That's a great hit, perfect. Hockey used to be a contact sport. Now the second a guy gets lit up someone's gotta come and make the hitter answer, it is beyond stupid.

I really liked that he then beat up Dube too.

I'm throwing up in my mouth typing something nice about a Ranger.

But here we are. 

• Like 3

As far as the hit...great clean check...no issues at all.

As for the response, if i am a player i know full well that there is hitting in hockey.

And, i'd be dammed if someone decks (clean or not) one of my team mates, right there at that moment there had better be a response.

• Like 2

@Brewin Flames

Creatures of (or fans of) different eras I suppose.

Guy gets a big hit?

Take his number and hit 'em back during the run of play.

I don't see where throwing down immediately does anything net positive for the team of the hitee.

If the hit is dirty, back turned, along or into the boards...then throw down, but fighting because a dude played the game? 

That's dumb imo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@Brewin Flames

Creatures of (or fans of) different eras I suppose.

Guy gets a big hit?

Take his number and hit 'em back during the run of play.

I don't see where throwing down immediately does anything net positive for the team of the hitee.

If the hit is dirty, back turned, along or into the boards...then throw down, but fighting because a dude played the game? 

That's dumb imo.

I'm with you. Get him back, or cleanly drill one of their star players and let them know that's for the Trouba hit. But, taking an instigator penalty and giving up a goal on top of Kadri getting blown up? Not a great idea.

• Like 4

I also miss the days when hits like this were more common and when clean, just meant you tried to get it back later.

Fighting over clean hits or someone taking an  whack at the puck because the ref hasn't blown the whistle always has and always will be dumb.

I also miss hip checks.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I also miss the days when hits like this were more common and when clean, just meant you tried to get it back later.

Fighting over clean hits or someone taking an  whack at the puck because the ref hasn't blown the whistle always has and always will be dumb.

I also miss hip checks.

Good announcer hahaha HIT BY THE BIG BUTT OF MCLAREN🤣