Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Around the NHL

Discuss the latest NHL News and more with fans from around the league.

THIS IS AN OPEN BOARD FOR ALL 30 TEAMS'S FANS.  You will have differing opinions.  If you don't like a thread, don't comment.   If a thread is against HF.net Forum Guidelines, report it.

Subforums

1. CBA Related

Discussion for NHL CBA, Rules and Regulations

907 topics in this forum

• 43 replies
    • 6 replies
  1. Sites for Salary Contracts

• 19 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. I miss the old NHL

• 38 replies
  3. Who wins the Metro (two polls)

• 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 16 replies
  4. Who should be my team

• 32 replies
    • 79 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  5. Hats off to the Newer NHL

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• HF-Fantasy-Hockey-Leagues_Signup_logo.png

• Current Discussions in our NET

Flyers 2018-19 Offseason moves
      Philadelphia Flyers
      vis - Posted
      Like I said, I really have no idea what value is anymore.  Myself, and I think others, figured he'd return at least one NHL roster player.  I feel like there has been a good deal of chatter that the Canes didn't get a great return.  Again, maybe I am wrong on that.
      2018-19 Iowa Wild and other Wild Prospects Discussion
      Minnesota Wild
      IllaZilla - Posted
      Well, the team definitely improved under his leadership, record-wise. They went from middle of the pack under Risebrough to top ten in the league. So he was definitely doing something right there.   He was not afraid to make trades to try and improve the team, or sign free agents. Some of his trades worked (Pominville trade), and some didn't (Hanzal trade). Some of the free agents signings worked (Parise) and some didn't (Vanek).   I think Fletcher's downfall was the teams inability to perform in the Playoffs. Whether it was injuries or "the hot goaltender", there was always something that seemed to pop up during the Playoffs that derailed the Wild's post-season efforts. Whether these things were entirely his fault or not, hard to say. But he had already fired his hand-picked coach Mike Yeo, so the next person on the hot seat was himself, since he couldn't fire the team. And unfortunately, the team failed to show up once again in the Playoffs and it cost him his job.
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      Sorry i didn't answer this on my original response...i say too this is a hard one to answer...i am not so high on him...and 6 mill for 3 more years is kind of steep for the 3rd line center role...i said somewhere here i wasn't thrilled to pay 7+ mill for the 3rd line RW and no happier to pay 6 mill for the 3rd line center...so i'm torn too...i know that doesn't help any...i think i would rather keep Simmer for something later if possible.   However i would be ok with trading the Oilers Gudas or Mcdud if they are interested...
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      Not really...a small winger who (who has had a few concussions) AND is a UFA after this year....it's a risky move...hence the return...regardless of what he has accomplished...
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
      Thanks for my morning laugh...while enjoying my coffee...     #phillyphilly
      Philadelphia Flyers
      vis - Posted
      I'm so at a loss as to trade values, particularly in light of the Skinner trade.  I thought he would have garnered a higher return.  Maybe trading him during the slow summer months contributed to the seemingly underwhelming return.   What do people think Simmonds or RNH would return given the Skinner deal?  Apologies if this has already been discussed.   I agree with the above that Sanheim is too much to give for RNH, but what else would folks be willing to part with that EDM would want?  I really don't see EDM wanting MacDonald or Gudas when there are a few UFA d-men available that wouldn't require them to give up a player.  Would a Simmonds/Gudas package be more valuable than RNH/UFA d-man?  I know they need help on RW, but trading RNH would weaken LW/C.  And they need speed to play with McDavid.  Not sure Simmonds fits that bill.  (By the way, I think the Flyers would need a pick/prospect back if they were to serve up Simmonds/Gudas.)   As for RNH, I've run hot and cold over the years on him.  I watched a fair amount of EDM games a few years ago when he was putting up 50+ points on bad teams, but haven't watched them as much.  He had 48 points (24G) in 62 games last year, which is pretty decent.  At one point his contract was cause for pause,  but not sure that's the case anymore with only 3 years remaining.   
      2018-19 Iowa Wild and other Wild Prospects Discussion
      Minnesota Wild
      IllaZilla - Posted
      Trades are another matter. I wouldn’t include them with this discussion. If I have time this weekend I may try to pull something together looking at the Wild vs rest of the league, just to see if we’re being hypercritical of the team or if they really are poor at drafting and development. 

About HF.net

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and more in our Forums.  Our members may also write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more.  If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent Topics

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free