Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
  • Announcements

• hf101

NHL Game Highlights   10/24/2017

Check out our newest site feature - NHL Game Highlights located in Videos of main menu.

Around the NHL

Discuss the latest NHL News and more with fans from around the league.

THIS IS AN OPEN BOARD FOR ALL 30 TEAMS'S FANS.  You will have differing opinions.  If you don't like a thread, don't comment.   If a thread is against HF.net Forum Guidelines, report it.

Subforums

1. CBA Related

Discussion for NHL CBA, Rules and Regulations

Stanley Cup Playoff Forum

863 topics in this forum

• 6 replies
  1. Sites for Salary Contracts

• 19 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 40 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 44 replies
    • 48 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 11 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Current Discussions in our NET

Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
        I wasn't trying to imply that he was injury prone.  What I meant was that if you put all your eggs in the "Karlsson can just take the game over" Basket, you're completely SOL if he gets hurt.  
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      OccamsRazor - Posted
        I would be ok with trading Neuvy.   So who would take his place Lyon?   I guess why not it isn't like Neuvy was playing much anyways.   I can see them being pissed off because you're like Dear God son you can't even stay healthy just practicing...unreal!   Well remember the Oiler supposedly were interested so get as much as you can for him!!!
      Elliott tops league in 5v5 save %
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
        5 on 5 play this year has been strikingly better.  The big problem is that the PK has gotten worse.  That's almost exclusively how they're losing these games.
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      ruxpin - Posted
        Yes.  If both are coming back I do this in a heartbeat.   Not based on this year, obviously.  I follow Ottawa a lot.   Hoffman is a perennial 25+ goal scorer (3 consecutive years) and a 55-60 pt. player that can play both wings, and a positive +/- player -- except this year.   I   Karlsson's numbers are also an aberration  (not the +/- .  There he seems to have years he's "on" and years that it's a mess.  But he's the Ghost in the pair.  The +/- is often dependent upon who the pair is.   In Philly, if it were Provorov or someone else responsible, it could be very good).    The idiot Boucher has his 25+ goal scorer on the 3rd line all season and has Ryan inexplicably on the first (sometimes the second).  Why he hasn't put Stone and Hoffman on opposite sides of Duchene (or even Brassard) is beyond understanding.   The rest of their defense is a mess, as well.   I wouldn't hang my hat on the numbers this year. It's a worse-run team than Philly, if you can imagine.   Do or don't do the trade.  I completely get most of your arguments.   I'm just saying don't overstate this year's totals while ignoring their track record.
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      King Knut - Posted
        So just to review. You'd trade Jake's 37 overall points, 12 PP points, +5 rating in 19:30 minutes of ice time per night. along with Ghost's 22 overall points, 13 PP points, +2 rating in 21:00 minutes of ice time per night    for Hoffman's 21 overall points, 9PP points, -9 rating and in minutes of ice time per night and Karlsson's 18 points, 5 PP points, -16 rating in 25 minutes of ice time per night.     You'd be taking on $11.65 million in salary for 2 guys that average 27.5 years old in exchange $12.65 million in salary for 2 guys that average 26 years old and are producing better.     The only reason to do this would be to get Jake off the books sooner and that only works if you're not going to plan on keeping either Hoffman or Karlsson beyond their current contracts.     This deal would only make a lick of sense if you knew you had a UFA out there to replace Jake's production somewhere in the next two years (you're also going to need to replace Simmer's production in that same time frame btw) AND you expect Sanheim, Morin, Myers and or Friedman to be able to replace Ghost along a similar time frame.    Looking ahead aside from Tavares and Seguin (both centers) I'm just not sure I see any prospective RW UFA's in the next two years who are close to Jake's production, let alone two that are close to Jake and Simmer's production.     I don't do this deal.  Not even for the best defenseman in the world (who happens to be playing worse than the guy we'd be trading for him).  
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      pilldoc - Posted
        I guess it proves that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side and that a change of scenery does not always work ...ouch is right .....
      Karlsson
      Philadelphia Flyers
      ruxpin - Posted
       Period.  Full stop.  Yes, in the playoffs, but he wasn't like Guentzel and suddenly showed up then.   He was as good as it gets all year.   And the season before.    I completely get the hesitation on the feet.  I know the reference to Forsberg was initially mostly tongue in cheek so it's not worth my mentioning:  Forsberg was 32, Karlsson is 27.  You get him for 5 years, I do it.   The -16 is disturbing, but the vast majority of the team is negative.   Karlsson has been up and down in that category through his career.  On the other hand, the aforementioned Hoffman is -9 but was +17 last year.    The team is a mess, and it's really about 75% on the coach.  The goaltending blows, but that may be about the coach, too.   I think the hesitation on the feet is valid.   If we're entirely sure that his feet are okay AND we get Hoffman in it, then I do it.  I don't do it for Voracek + Ghost just for Karlsson.   I'd need some sort of scoring forward.   His brain dead spasms aside, the guy (Voracek) does put up points.   Ultimately, as much as I love Karlsson as a player, I think yours and KK's words of caution are justified.
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.

About us

We are an enthusiastic community of HockeyFans who enjoy discussing the NHL and the great game of hockey in our Forums. Our members may write their own blogs, converse in chat, post pics in our gallery, join our fantasy hockey leagues and more. If you are looking for a friendly community to discuss hockey then register today and begin your conversation in our NET.

Contact Us

Recent tweets

Like what we do? Help us keep doing it!
Supporting Members help keep HockeyForums Advertisement Free