Hockey Memes

Jimtown guy

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

776C1116-A185-40C8-AA3F-20C66DDC3E62.jpeg

Careful with the Leafs' misery, Jimtown guy! The Leafs insulted the hockey gods with their hubris decades ago and are still in damnation. We don't want the Wild to suffer a similar punishment for being too cruel against the already miserable 😅

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Suddenly I'm feeling better with the Wild's lack of success. We have a similar resume, but it's lasted only 20 years 😂

Hey I’ve been a North Star fan when they came in existence in 67’ and now with the Wild. I feel their pain 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, Jimtown guy said:

CB78074E-1536-4082-9FE2-7A3D1D0EE55F.jpeg

Does this really qualify as a meme, or just a selective negative portrait of the 1972 Summit Series (in which Canada defeated the Soviet Union)?

The Summit Series was probably the most violent, most real, most hard fought hockey series in history.  It was the first time anyone had a best-on-best matchup for world hockey supremacy, and Canada won. 

12 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

9D9A9AD9-B166-4B4A-897C-6135485E4FDA.jpeg

I don't think you know what a MEME is.  (Or at some point you seem to have lost the concept and turned this into a Leafs bashing thread. I sense tremendous jealousy.)

Compared to the OTHER original six teams, Toronto is 2nd in Stanley Cup victories, behind only Montreal.

The Rocket Richard trophy has existed for 20 years...... and Matthews has won it. Prior to that, there have been other Leafs players to lead the league in goals if you go back in time far enough. 

But let's talk about the MINNESOTA WILD

- 0 Stanley Cup wins. 

- 0 players of any significance. 

- 1 relocation to Dallas.

There's the mark of a successful modern franchise!  

10 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I don't think you know what a MEME is.  (Or at some point you seem to have lost the concept and turned this into a Leafs bashing thread. I sense tremendous jealousy.)

Compared to the OTHER original six teams, Toronto is 2nd in Stanley Cup victories, behind only Montreal.

The Rocket Richard trophy has existed for 20 years...... and Matthews has won it. Prior to that, there have been other Leafs players to lead the league in goals if you go back in time far enough. 

But let's talk about the MINNESOTA WILD

- 0 Stanley Cup wins. 

- 0 players of any significance. 

- 1 relocation to Dallas.

There's the mark of a successful modern franchise!  

I have mentioned I’ve been a North Star and Wild fan with nothing to show for it but hey thanks for your concern