Paronychia

Carmel

My son plays hockey and has developed paronychia on several fingers. Looking for solutions to prevent this from reoccurring moving forward. Possible glove liner insert? Any help much appreciated.

CK

What Brewin said.

Also, LOTS of hand washing, paying particular attention to the nails.
Maybe soak fingers occasionally in some anti bacterial soapy water.

Playing hockey, I'd imagine having sweaty hands in gloves all the time creates a big breeding ground for germs and bacteria.
When I regularly trained at Tae Kwon Do dojangs, not only did I take care of my hands and fingers, but feet and nails too for the same reasons....sweat, dirt, grime = bacteria and possible infections.

Honestly, a doctor would best provide solutions, especially if he has a bad case of it.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Carmel said:

My son plays hockey and has developed paronychia on several fingers. Looking for solutions to prevent this from reoccurring moving forward. Possible glove liner insert? Any help much appreciated.

CK

Maybe organic apple cider vinegar mixed with water and soak hands until they turn into raisins...it works for sweaty feet so maybe it'll work for hands...look online for how much water to mix with vinegar and just experiment with different mixing strengths but over time I think organic apple cider vinegar could help and even drinking it mixed with water could help too...