Well-deserved Congratulations to Jeff Blashill

SpikeDDS

Jeff Blashill was just awarded the AHL Coach of the Year. This is a very well-deserved achievement and more significant than many probably realize. I think that Jeff Blashill's leadership in the past couple of seasons is a major reason why the Detroit Red Wings were able to continue their playoff streak despite the plethora of injuries they suffered this season. Yes, of course Mike Babcock deserves recognition, but I think he would be the first to say that the main reason for him being able to accomplish what he has with his younger players this year is because they were well-prepared by Blashill.

And you can say that Blashill was able to win that award because he had so much talent to work with, and there is no arguing that. However, as the saying goes: With great power, comes great responsibility. He has had a number of players with talent to develop, and he has done that. These kids believe in themselves to the degree where not only are they NHL-ready but are NHL-competitive.

Jeff Blashill, take a bow. It will not be long before some team gets smart enough to give you an offer you can't refuse. Unfortunately, it may not be the Red Wings, because I'm not sure we have the room, but for your services so far, well done sir. Enjoy your well-deserved recognition. It deserves more than a one-line mention in the Detroit Free Press.

Jeff Blashill was just awarded the AHL Coach of the Year. This is a very well-deserved achievement and more significant than many probably realize. I think that Jeff Blashill's leadership in the past couple of seasons is a major reason why the Detroit Red Wings were able to continue their playoff streak despite the plethora of injuries they suffered this season. Yes, of course Mike Babcock deserves recognition, but I think he would be the first to say that the main reason for him being able to accomplish what he has with his younger players this year is because they were well-prepared by Blashill.

And you can say that Blashill was able to win that award because he had so much talent to work with, and there is no arguing that. However, as the saying goes: With great power, comes great responsibility. He has had a number of players with talent to develop, and he has done that. These kids believe in themselves to the degree where not only are they NHL-ready but are NHL-competitive.

Jeff Blashill, take a bow. It will not be long before some team gets smart enough to give you an offer you can't refuse. Unfortunately, it may not be the Red Wings, because I'm not sure we have the room, but for your services so far, well done sir. Enjoy your well-deserved recognition. It deserves more than a one-line mention in the Detroit Free Press.

The Griffins have went through serious adversity turning over the roster to accommodate the big club and still battling for first. Winning the equivilant of the Adams award is a major achievement.