Will Lucic kill Dale Weise tonite

nORRis8

Well...if thats his last post then I can't help that. Hes young. He will get over it.

My son is almost 20. Hes still learning.

BTW...Didn't feel the need to be lumped in as a liar and a person who does not get his facts straight watching NESN 24/7, called a homer {of which I am....well duuuuh}and apperantly not using proper etiquette when posting.

Meh.

I'll get over it as well.

@nORRis8

Didn't feel disrespect, just a bit annoyed. How are we to have a conversation without knowing we're talking to one another? What I find disrespectful is the manner in which you've been speaking with me. I've done my best to remain civil about this, but I feel that you've been offended by my words and have resorted to rude comments which is why this is my last comment on this thread.

I'm not saying I root for my team's rivals either, I'm just saying that I'm a hockey fan first. With that being said, I'm able to point out my team's flaws.

And on the Koivu language barrier;

His attempt at French is MILES above some player's attempts at English, but he gets criticized for it? The fact that he made an effort to learn a 3rd language should be enough. Ever hear Malkin speak English? It's awful. That's the language all 30 teams use, but no one calls him out. Personally, I think Saku was the best leader the Habs have had in the last 20 years and that language should not matter in hockey. Of course, that will never change but, I digress.

Cheers

Could not agree more. Just the fact Koivu made a legit attempt to learn the language is impressive. There are plenty of Euro's that will always struggle with English. Much, much more than Saku honest effort at the French language. I would assume that he learned French out of pure respect for the rabid fan base and the powerful historical context from which the club operates.

Saku was indeed the best leader to come out of Montreal in the past few decades. He wore his heart on his sleeve and was always leading by example. I'll never forget the night Koivu returned from his battle with cancer. The Habs were having one of their famous pass the torch pre-game ceremonies....one great captain passing it off to another....until they got to Saku, bald as Telly Savalas......his bald head a living testament to the Cancer that waged war within his body. That building was filled with pure gut wrenching raw emotion. The ovation Saku got when he raised the torch still gives me goosebumps to this very day.

Could not agree more. Just the fact Koivu made a legit attempt to learn the language is impressive. There are plenty of Euro's that will always struggle with English. Much, much more than Saku honest effort at the French language. I would assume that he learned French out of pure respect for the rabid fan base and the powerful historical context from which the club operates.

Saku was indeed the best leader to come out of Montreal in the past few decades. He wore his heart on his sleeve and was always leading by example. I'll never forget the night Koivu returned from his battle with cancer. The Habs were having one of their famous pass the torch pre-game ceremonies....one great captain passing it off to another....until they got to Saku, bald as Telly Savalas......his bald head a living testament to the Cancer that waged war within his body. That building was filled with pure gut wrenching raw emotion. The ovation Saku got when he raised the torch still gives me goosebumps to this very day.

So true.Stuff like this endures. Being a Red Sox fan I have a few McFarlane figurines of former Red Sox.

I do have one Yankee...Lou Gehrig standing in front of the mic. doing his "luckiest man in the world" speech.

Another one I remember hearing of is in 1942 after the Bruins beat the Habs 8-1 ....Dumart, and Schmidt being carried onto the shoulders of both Bruins and Canadiens players. Why? Because they had both enlisted to fight in WW2 and this was their last game before heading off. Rivalry was put aside.

Milt Schmidt:

"The attitude, feelings of the Montreal Canadiens had, for the Krauts that night, they were fantastic. What more could you ask for. And that’s one of the things that I can remember clearly as if it was yesterday."

Archived