Will Lucic kill Dale Weise tonite

nORRis8

Last spring Lucic flexied his arm  after a goal in honor Boston Strong due to the Marathon victims.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut of course the Hab players and the Hab media not understanding {duh} due to the bubble they live in... came to the conclusion Lucic was showboating.

So during game 6 Dale Weise then starts flexing his arm....mimicking Lucic.

Bruins lose game 7.....and in the handshake line Lucic...alledgedly threatened to kill Dale Weise.

So what can we expect.

So far Lucic has done squat  5 games...no points. Hes frustrated.

My advice to him.....let it go dude.

You will come across looking like a real jackwipe especially with the game in Montreal.

The Bruins need him to score first and foremost....who cares about Weise. Winning is the best revenge.

We had a thread dedicated to that whole incident....needless to say, Lucic was mostly roasted in it....

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/62244-lucic-and-post-game-handshake/?hl=%2Blucic+%2Bhandshake

You are right on the fact that winning games is the best revenge.

Particularly now for the Bruins because they have a perceived scoring problem (and I am being conservative about that, because many will tell you their scoring problems aren't perceived but rather a fact), and as you pointed out, Lucic himself has done jack squat, zilch, nada, zero.... ni un carajito!   ;)

If he is smart (yes, that is always questionable when it comes to him), he will just leave that behind him.....no doubt the media will bring it up to him, but he can take the high road on it...say something like, "that was last year, I am good now...next question.."

That would be much better than rehashing that whole scenario where, of course, the media would have a field day with.

His focus should be on generating offense for his team, and just playing the game the way he knows best...hard nosed, hard hitting, and with an eye out for scoring opportunities.

If he happens to be able to get a certain individual lined up for a big hit then great....and if there is some rough stuff and someone on the Habs acts like they want to challenge someone on the Bruins, then sure, he may want to step up.

But about the dumbest thing he could do is try to "make good" on a ridiculous comment he made last spring.

I am sure the coaching staff has the team well aware of how that incident may be brought to light once again, especially given where the game is going to be played, and have planned accordingly.

Let's hope Lucic disappoints the fans and media expecting a big hub-bub made over the comments and actions last spring, and just plays hard hockey.

@nORRis8

I'm going to guess Lucic has realized his threat to Weiss was both classless and juvenile. The Bruins are slowly falling back into the pack (Chara getting older, losing Boychuk/Iginla) while other teams are getting better. He'll figure it out; 

The most overrated Bruin since Derek Sanderson, period.

I argue this with my wife, she loves the guy, he is a camera hog, a media junkie, and a second line player, period. Just a punk who gets attention because of his team. In Florida or Phoenix he would be just another guy. In Boston because he is visible and vocal he draws attention to himself while the real forwards such as Krejci and Bergeron just quietly stick the dagger in a team. You can have him, i dont want him too big of an idiot for me. My wife says she would love him in Detroit. Pass.

go ahead Lucic, go after Weise. A career 4th liner absolutely turned you into a crybaby and got in your head and found it to be a lonely place. I sincerely hope that Weise absolutely destroys you when you try. If you have the guts that is.

I am yave1964 and i approve this message.

Last I knew, Weise was sitting.  So, it's a non-issue for tonight.

Last year, Montreal beat Bruins in the playoffs with speed and finesse.  Boston helped Canadiens win that series, by getting distracted over perceived issues.   Lucic's bluster showed that he's probably too dumb to learn from that experience.   

Claude Julien is a good guy.  But, the truth is that he let his team lose focus in that playoff.  That loss is one of the indicators of Montreal's ascent and the Bruin's decline.   

Last I knew, Weise was sitting.  So, it's a non-issue for tonight.

Last year, Montreal beat Bruins in the playoffs with speed and finesse.  Boston helped Canadiens win that series, by getting distracted over perceived issues.   Lucic's bluster showed that he's probably too dumb to learn from that experience.   

Claude Julien is a good guy.  But, the truth is that he let his team lose focus in that playoff.  That loss is one of the indicators of Montreal's ascent and the Bruin's decline.   

Dead on. As soon as the crap went down with Lucic and idiot Thornton spraying  Subban with water then laughing....that was the edge Montreal needed.

Same coach....same scenario....Therrien coaching Montreal when Mcleran checked Zednik in the yapper and knocked him for the count....Therrien  goes on tv....worked the League...worked the media....and the Bruins could not buy a PP and lost the series.

Dead on. As soon as the crap went down with Lucic and idiot Thornton spraying  Subban with water then laughing....that was the edge Montreal needed.

Same coach....same scenario....Therrien coaching Montreal when Mcleran checked Zednik in the yapper and knocked him for the count....Therrien  goes on tv....worked the League...worked the media....and the Bruins could not buy a PP and lost the series.

Checked? I seem to recall McLeran wore the hard solid pads for maximum damage and elbow/clotheslined him.

When is this guy going to learn to control his emotions? I know emotions run a little high against certain teams, he has to direct them a little better!

I'm also looking forward to seeing bruinsgirl,oduckhonk, and bostonbulldog from my ESPN days!

Lucic classless. At times?

Montreal fans?

Continually they are such an emberrassment. Booing the US anthem, cheering as Hal Gill hits an Islander into to stanction at the Bell.....crying blue murder when Chara did the exact same thing to Pacoretty a few months later.

This year pointing laser pointers at Tuuka Rask face during the game.

However.....not a word. A guy retaliates? Oh my .....CALL 9-11....call 9-11!!!!!

Lucic fulfilled the prophesy with his recent antics against Montreal.

With all the whine(sic) provided by Bruin fans I feeling a bit peckish. Cheese anyone!

agreed. welcome to the forums BTW.

Now with the wheels falling off the apple cart in Montreal after getting spanked and respanked by Western teams....Montreal fans  will resort to telling us all they won 24 Cups.

Want to learn more? Go to not a sports channel....try the History channel from your local provider.

BTW...love Subbans  #1 defensive move...falling on his ass and making a snow angel. Sweet.

Last spring Lucic flexied his arm  after a goal in honor Boston Strong due to the Marathon victims.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut of course the Hab players and the Hab media not understanding {duh} due to the bubble they live in... came to the conclusion Lucic was showboating.

So during game 6 Dale Weise then starts flexing his arm....mimicking Lucic.

Bruins lose game 7.....and in the handshake line Lucic...alledgedly threatened to kill Dale Weise.

So what can we expect.

So far Lucic has done squat  5 games...no points. Hes frustrated.

My advice to him.....let it go dude.

You will come across looking like a real jackwipe especially with the game in Montreal.

The Bruins need him to score first and foremost....who cares about Weise. Winning is the best revenge.

Just a quick note on the "celly"...

Coach Julien said the Chest-Pound celly was for Boston Strong too, but some of the players came out and said it was in homage to the chest pounding scene from Wolf of Wallstreet. Doesn't that sound a bit peculiar? It wouldn't be fair or tasteful of me to say that the Bruins were kind of leaning on Boston Strong just a bit too long, but doesn't it just add to the ugly playoffs they had last year? Racial slurs at Subban, Lucic being Lucic with nutshots and unsportsmanlike behavior, and miscommunication on their intentions in honoring fallen Bostonians or not. I understand this is an unpopular opinion and most of you will probably say I'm way out of line, but I feel like that became a crutch for the Bruins. Not to take anything away from the tragedy, as it was an awful attack of terror on our country and should not be taken lightly.

I'm not trying to salt the wound, but Lucic cellying like he's never scored before on an empty netter.... Come on. Eller scored an empty netter later in that series and he just skated off the ice. That is showboating. It's the definition of showboating. Normally showboating is accepted and even encouraged in this league, but Lucic went too far and Dale Weise was ready to tell him about it. Say whatever you want about "Hab media", whatever that means, but at some point, you gotta look at your own problems and stop blaming everyone else. Montreal stayed composed that entire series and won. They fell apart emotionally against the Rangers, much like the Bruins did against Montreal in the previous round, which caused their elimination.

Lucic classless. At times?

Montreal fans?

Continually they are such an emberrassment. Booing the US anthem, cheering as Hal Gill hits an Islander into to stanction at the Bell.....crying blue murder when Chara did the exact same thing to Pacoretty a few months later.

This year pointing laser pointers at Tuuka Rask face during the game.

However.....not a word. A guy retaliates? Oh my .....CALL 9-11....call 9-11!!!!!

Habs fans can be classless. I'm totally aware of that. But you have to see how Bruins fans are classless too. I live in Connecticut and I can't tell you how many times I get cussed out and threatened just for wearing my Habs sweater. And as a crowd mentality, I recall the Bruins fans chanting "Flopper" at a Canuck player in the cup final. Real flopper too. Couldn't really skate straight due to his fractured vertebrae. Go on youtube and look up "Don't Poke the Bear" parts one and two and you'll see what I mean.

As for the Hal Gill incident, if it were anywhere near the caliber of Chara's hit, I think it would have been bigger news.

I'm all for mud slinging, truly I am. But at some point you need to look at your own team without your yellow tinted glasses. I'm the first person to call out the Canadiens and I've been a die hard fan my whole life. It just shows that you can objectively debate hockey.

What about Julien calling the Habs out a year ago in his post game presser for diving and how it's "an epidemic" in the league? Canadiens were called for a dive just about every other game after that. If that's not playing the league and playing the media, I don't know what is. Every coach in the league does the same thing. Again, take a good long objective look at the Bruins and tell me they're the patron saints of good sportsmanship and class. I'd be surprised if you could do it. I'll help you get started: Try watching a different feed than NESN for Bruins games. It's an enlightening experience.

Cheers.

You guys have both made great points on the "homerism' of hockey fans. We all have it to some extent. 

One of my buddies (Bruins fan) told us over a beer that if ISIS had a hockey team and they played the Habs he'd cheer for ISIS. It was funny and sad at the same time.

You guys have both made great points on the "homerism' of hockey fans. We all have it to some extent. 

One of my buddies (Bruins fan) told us over a beer that if ISIS had a hockey team and they played the Habs he'd cheer for ISIS. It was funny and sad at the same time.

That's hilarious! Kinda complicates the whole booing of the American National Anthem because fans of both teams would be doing it haha

Racial slurs.

Seriously?

Montreal is in the province of Quebec., right?

For the last 6-7 decades this province leads the way for attacking minority political parties, religious groups and racial hatred.

Its not on a sports channel....You read of that in history books.

Perhaps it will explain to you why Montreal fans are the way they are.

Subban though is not liked by just Boston. They boo him everywhere practically. Hes a hotdog. A showboater. At the same time a horrible d-man. How horrible? Montreal rarely uses him to kill penalties!!! That's how sad. Montreal gets rid of Gorges their best penalty kill d-man....and Subban is still not killing penalties. How the hell did he get his name on a trophy that has Ray Bourques name, Larry Robinson, Potvin and Bobby Orr...is beyond me.

As for the class of the fanbase. Montreal fans boo anthems. They had to make an announcement at the Bell Centre numerous times not to.

They cheer when opposing players get injured.

An NBC analyst said during one such occasion "Clasless. Typical here".

They chastise Saku Koivu their Captain that he doesn't speak fluent French!!!

Oy!

Two Montreal fans sit in the stands 4 years ago during a game with Subban shirts on. Plus, they painted their faces black and wore dark afro wigs! How were they allowed in the building let alone allowed to sit in the stands? Um ya.

Theres just a few Montreal players I like one of them being Price. Maybe Pacioretty. I really liked Gorges and as time goes on...Carey Price will really miss him.

Other than that...whats there to respect?

Sad, because in the 70's even though they always beat Boston in the playoffs I respected them. How could you not? Now, its nothing but drama .

Wish them the worst and look forward to seeing them fall out of the playoff picture.

Racial slurs.

Seriously?

Montreal is in the province of Quebec., right?

For the last 6-7 decades this province leads the way for attacking minority political parties, religious groups and racial hatred.

Its not on a sports channel....You read of that in history books.

Perhaps it will explain to you why Montreal fans are the way they are.

Subban though is not liked by just Boston. They boo him everywhere practically. Hes a hotdog. A showboater. At the same time a horrible d-man. How horrible? Montreal rarely uses him to kill penalties!!! That's how sad. Montreal gets rid of Gorges their best penalty kill d-man....and Subban is still not killing penalties. How the hell did he get his name on a trophy that has Ray Bourques name, Larry Robinson, Potvin and Bobby Orr...is beyond me.

As for the class of the fanbase. Montreal fans boo anthems. They had to make an announcement at the Bell Centre numerous times not to.

They cheer when opposing players get injured.

An NBC analyst said during one such occasion "Clasless. Typical here".

They chastise Saku Koivu their Captain that he doesn't speak fluent French!!!

Oy!

Two Montreal fans sit in the stands 4 years ago during a game with Subban shirts on. Plus, they painted their faces black and wore dark afro wigs! How were they allowed in the building let alone allowed to sit in the stands? Um ya.

Theres just a few Montreal players I like one of them being Price. Maybe Pacioretty. I really liked Gorges and as time goes on...Carey Price will really miss him.

Other than that...whats there to respect?

Sad, because in the 70's even though they always beat Boston in the playoffs I respected them. How could you not? Now, its nothing but drama .

Wish them the worst and look forward to seeing them fall out of the playoff picture.

First of all, if you want to have a debate, please tag me or quote me. This is like subtweeting where you can just say whatever you want without me knowing so it looks like  I quit. Nice try.

Second, I'm not talking about the cities of Montreal and Boston, I'm talking about the fan bases and the teams they cheer for on the ice. But if you want to talk about that:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgawker.com%2F5946312%2Fthe-most-racist-city-in-america-boston&ei=TApcVIKfDseKsQS3k4DYBw&usg=AFQjCNEQzl6ilNECuhpEsp5CuH-rM31Yww&sig2=-QC29M6vLpM-eMRTiYIT9A&bvm=bv.79184187,d.cWc

Third, how can the "Hab Media" run the league when the media you just quoted called them typically classless? hmmmmm.....

Next, Koivu could speak French. Very well actually. He was chastised for not conducting interviews in French all the time. You need to get your facts straight if you want to keep this going. This is why the Canadiens are made out to be the bad guys so much. People like you spew things that are just flat out lies and people take them as fact. I've already explained to you how Canadiens fans could be classless. Why do you continue to explain that? How can you look at two Habs fans and use them as a generalization for the entire league?

In the playoffs, people tweeted these pictures about Subban after his game one BLAST in OT:

post-1091-0-47164400-1399081157_thumb.jp

And anyone says "All Bruins fans are racist" they are yelled at for generalizing a group of people who are usually well tempered like this guy:
post-1091-0-07993100-1399081171_thumb.jp

This goes both ways but at this point, out of the two of us, I'm the only one saying this. It makes you look like a total homer. I have a ton of respect for this Bruins team. They've built a team rather quickly that has become an elite team in this league. This is an important rivalry for the league so it would be silly for me to wish the Bruins tanked. It would ruin the rivalry. Just look at it objectively, please. And for the love of God, stop watching NESN.

I'm not trying to say that one fan base or team is cleaner or classier than the other. What I'm trying to get across is that neither team is perfect and for every example you find of Montreal's classlessness, there's an example coming right back at you showing the Bruins' ugly side. It's a waste of our time.

Wow.Sorry if I disrepected you by not quoting you. Heaven knows knowing this will keep me up for hours......watching NESN of course.

Seems like you have your shorts bunched due to not getting my facts straight. The horror!!

So heres my Joe Friday:

CBC News Posted: Oct 31, 2007 5:27 PM ET

"The Montreal Canadiens are defending team captain Saku Koivu after his poor French was criticized ata "reasonable accommodation" commission hearing.In his testimony at the Bouchard-Taylor commission hearings in Quebec City Tuesday, lawyer Guy Bertrand used Koivu as an example of how Quebec is forced to make "unacceptable" linguistic accommodations that threaten French.When called to speak in front of fans at the Bell Centre, Koivu speaks English, even though Quebec's Bill 101 enshrines the right of Quebecers to be spoken to in French, Bertrand said.The comments appeared to irritate many Canadiens who said they play hockey, not politics, adding that the game is not about language."That's their business," said coach Guy Carbonneau.After team practice Wednesday, Koivu tried out his modest French on reporters and said he wishes it was better."

Sorry for not getting my facts right. I was confused when I wrote previously ""They chastise Saku Koivu their Captain that he doesn't speak fluent French!!!" and the article I read before I posted that statement said... Koivu tried out his modest French on reporters and said he wishes it was better.

Just the facts ma'am.

Anyhooooo.....

So how does wishing a persons teams #1 rivalry the worst..... wreck the rivalry?

"Oh boy, Montreal just beat Boston in the playoffs.... I hope they go far and win their 25th Cup and the tv ratings will be good." Naaaaah.

Heres what I base rivalries with Hab fans I actually know and have known for years......

A month after the Bruins won the Cup in 2011 my wife and I went to a social gathering.My brother in law and the guy who was my best man 26 years ago were there ...2 devoted Hab fans.... I had not seen either of them since the win. I show up in a black suit, white shirt, gold tie.......oh ....and a smile.They knew. Not a word exchanged.

I cheer for the Bruins {since 1969}, Patriots {1980}and Red Sox, {1973}and I hope all their rivals do not fair well. Just as I know the Montreal fans I know face to face feel the same way about Boston. Simple as that.

sante'

First of all, if you want to have a debate, please tag me or quote me. This is like subtweeting where you can just say whatever you want without me knowing so it looks like  I quit. Nice try.

Second, I'm not talking about the cities of Montreal and Boston, I'm talking about the fan bases and the teams they cheer for on the ice. But if you want to talk about that:

http://www.google.co....79184187,d.cWc

Third, how can the "Hab Media" run the league when the media you just quoted called them typically classless? hmmmmm.....

Next, Koivu could speak French. Very well actually. He was chastised for not conducting interviews in French all the time. You need to get your facts straight if you want to keep this going. This is why the Canadiens are made out to be the bad guys so much. People like you spew things that are just flat out lies and people take them as fact. I've already explained to you how Canadiens fans could be classless. Why do you continue to explain that? How can you look at two Habs fans and use them as a generalization for the entire league?

In the playoffs, people tweeted these pictures about Subban after his game one BLAST in OT:

And anyone says "All Bruins fans are racist" they are yelled at for generalizing a group of people who are usually well tempered like this guy:

This goes both ways but at this point, out of the two of us, I'm the only one saying this. It makes you look like a total homer. I have a ton of respect for this Bruins team. They've built a team rather quickly that has become an elite team in this league. This is an important rivalry for the league so it would be silly for me to wish the Bruins tanked. It would ruin the rivalry. Just look at it objectively, please. And for the love of God, stop watching NESN.

I'm not trying to say that one fan base or team is cleaner or classier than the other. What I'm trying to get across is that neither team is perfect and for every example you find of Montreal's classlessness, there's an example coming right back at you showing the Bruins' ugly side. It's a waste of our time.

@nORRis8

Didn't feel disrespect, just a bit annoyed. How are we to have a conversation without knowing we're talking to one another? What I find disrespectful is the manner in which you've been speaking with me. I've done my best to remain civil about this, but I feel that you've been offended by my words and have resorted to rude comments which is why this is my last comment on this thread.

I cheer for the Bruins {since 1969}, Patriots {1980}and Red Sox, {1973}and I hope all their rivals do not fair well. Just as I know the Montreal fans I know face to face feel the same way about Boston. Simple as that.
sante'

I'm not saying I root for my team's rivals either, I'm just saying that I'm a hockey fan first. With that being said, I'm able to point out my team's flaws.

And on the Koivu language barrier;

His attempt at French is MILES above some player's attempts at English, but he gets criticized for it? The fact that he made an effort to learn a 3rd language should be enough. Ever hear Malkin speak English? It's awful. That's the language all 30 teams use, but no one calls him out. Personally, I think Saku was the best leader the Habs have had in the last 20 years and that language should not matter in hockey. Of course, that will never change but, I digress.

Cheers

Archived