Vinney is smartest Flyer.

idahophilly

There is only a few ways for things to work out for VLC.

1- He sucks so bad that the Flyers HAVE to buy him out this summer. He knows that and would then be collecting TWO paychecks for not playing with a strong possibility of a modest 3rd paycheck from some team that wants to try him out.

or 2- He has figured out it's best to get the hell out of dodge. No matter what, he's guaranteed two paychecks so why not play good like he is now and get a trade deadline move to a contender.

That's a win for him either way.

or 3- He has figured out it doesn't matter whether he plays good or bad because no matter what (that's right) he gets TWO pay checks. And he will play allot more than not,if he stays, because of the 4+ million contract.

I figure he wants to play (competitive nature most athletes have) and doesn't want to be scratched but in the end he WILL get to play, or his buyout will happen, or his trade will happen, or a combination of 2 of those, or in a wild scenario all 3.

He has Hexy and the Flyers by the proverbial balls. The only real question is how hard does he laugh on the way to the bank...?

Don't think VLC is that type of player, he has a solid reputation of being a team player and we saw that when he was bench for the first time in his career. He did not complain or went public with his unhappiness and that alone, gains more respect from me. If he was like you said, he would be dogging it since the benching but he has been giving it his all. I feel bad for him having to deal with the idiotic coach. Not totally his fault for that contract, we all would jump on it if it was offered to us. I hope Hextall can move him and wish him the best if it happens.

Don't think VLC is that type of player, he has a solid reputation of being a team player and we saw that when he was bench for the first time in his career. He did not complain or went public with his unhappiness and that alone, gains more respect from me. If he was like you said, he would be dogging it since the benching but he has been giving it his all. I feel bad for him having to deal with the idiotic coach. Not totally his fault for that contract, we all would jump on it if it was offered to us. I hope Hextall can move him and wish him the best if it happens.

No no no! Don't miss-understand me. I like Vinny. Just not a good fit for the Flyers. What I am trying to get at is that he knows he isn't a good fit and kinda got screwed in this deal from a playing / roster fit / team play style point of view. Vinny is going to make out fine in any of the 3 scenarios and I hope he does, just not on the Flyers dime if at all possible. I'm not implying that IF he plays bad again going forward he would be doing it on purpose but that by having this hot streak now will make him more valuable to another team........ I hope. Now, don't make Vinny out to be any different than another person though. He knows he has mega income regardless of what happens at this point. He might not say it but being scratched for 7 games while being paid would make me just aggravated enough to enjoy "cashing" those checks even though I would rather have been playing. Vinny strikes me a shrewd money guy as well as hockey player.

@idahophilly

Gotcha.

He might not say it but being scratched for 7 games while being paid would make me just aggravated enough to enjoy "cashing" those checks even though I would rather have been playing. Vinny strikes me a shrewd money guy as well as hockey player.

We all would be like that not just Vinny. It's how each person handles the situation that differs the good from bad.

Archived