Respect for Steve Ott

SpikeDDS

I dunno if anyone else saw it, but Steve Ott earned some respect from me last night. He laid a clean and very solid hit on Xavier Oullet in the first period. Brendan Smith objected and he and Ott started to go. Ott had Smith's sweater down over his right arm and had a CLEAR shot at Smith in a compromised position, and he let up instead of taking the sucker punch opportunity. Fight stopped before it got started.

Some will argue that Ott would have been in his right to punch Smith in that position. I think most players would have. Part of me agrees with that. But Ott took the high road and disengaged.

That was class, and Brendan Smith owes him a beer, for sure.

Steve Ott, Lady Bing-worthy? ;-)

Seriously, respect. Hope other players see it.

I dunno if anyone else saw it, but Steve Ott earned some respect from me last night. He laid a clean and very solid hit on Xavier Oullet in the first period. Brendan Smith objected and he and Ott started to go. Ott had Smith's sweater down over his right arm and had a CLEAR shot at Smith in a compromised position, and he let up instead of taking the sucker punch opportunity. Fight stopped before it got started.

Some will argue that Ott would have been in his right to punch Smith in that position. I think most players would have. Part of me agrees with that. But Ott took the high road and disengaged.

That was class, and Brendan Smith owes him a beer, for sure.

Steve Ott, Lady Bing-worthy? ;-)

Seriously, respect. Hope other players see it.

I saw and mirror your comments 100%.  I've never liked nor respected Ott until last night.  Well I still don't like him but do respect him.

Archived