Galchenyuk fires Larionov?

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/agent-larionov-says-galchenyuk-and-family-wouldnt-accept-his-advice

A report early Monday noted that Galchenyuk had fired agent Ian Pulver, the NHL Players Association executive who is Larionov’s partner in The Wills Sports Group.

“He didn’t fire me, he fired a Hall of Famer,” Pulver said from his office in Toronto.

Larionov said the breakup came down to a matter of Galchenyuk and his family not accepting his advice.

“Ian and I were trying to help him to become a good hockey player but, more importantly, to be a good human being,” Larionov said. “I would speak to him every day; I think I spent more time talking to him than talking to my wife.”

Galchenyuk expressed unhappiness over his ice time with the Canadiens and being benched by coach Michel Therrien in some situations.

“I tried to make him understand that he has to be patient,” Larionov said. “I had to wait when I was a young player; every great player has a time when he’s going to be on the bench, but you have to learn that’s part of the game.”

Galchenyuk is one of the few unsigned players on the Canadiens roster and negotiations with the 21-year-old are on hold until he finds a new agent.

“I hope things work out because the Canadiens are a great organization and all the Russian players who go there really enjoy playing there,” Larionov said.

Well well. Prima donna much?

Archived