Predictable Coincidence?

hf101

Or Not?

post-2-0-46234600-1439064310_thumb.jpg

Anyone else find it a coincidence that the NHL has relentlessly hung on to the Coyotes presence in Arizona,  the current downfall of the Yotes from being a playoff contender to likely finishing last next season --- is all about drafting Auston Matthews?

The Coyotes traded for Grossman and Pronger's contract for a reason eh?

---

Josh Cooper has an excellent interview with Coyotes CEO Anthony LeBlanc about the Coyotes. Their future in the desert – either in Glendale or maybe Phoenix – and how he sees the team moving forward, now that the lease stuff is behind them for at least two years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/anthony-leblanc-on-coyotes-desert-future--arizona-s-sporting-culture--puck-daddy-interview-021254785.html

• 2 months later...

I would love that kid to play for the Yotes! I have read a lot of the comments in regards to the coyotes failing in Arizona.  Hockey has not failed in the slightest.  Hockey is getting stronger ASU is now a div 1 hockey program, hell this kid is from Arizona and should show that we are far from failing as a hockey town.   The issue that I think a lot of folks don't grasp is the fact that the coyotes rumors of moving, no ownership, etc has scared away fans.  Who wants to spend money on something that you don't know will be there in 5 years.  It has absolutely nothing to do with there being no hockey fans in Arizona. The market in Arizona is bigger then people realize, it just comes down to us not knowing the certainty of what the future holds. I believe you will see a surge in fans now that we at least have a team for the next few years, and with exciting kids such as Domi, Duclair, Strome how could you not be excited.  Another major issue will always be the fact that Arizona is a major transplant state.  You are more likely to meet someone from Canada, midwest or northeast then you are to meet a native Arizonan.  That will play a major factor as time moves on and people who are born here start to show support for the team.  Sorry for my first post being a complete rant and I will step down from my soapbox now.  

Nice first post!

...and welcome to the site.

The Yotes are off to a surprisingly good start to the season.  They have had a sound defensive group for some time and now adding that explosive skill level to the top line has really made this a fun team to watch.

Archived