Emelin(1m retained)

Morgan Ellis

To Montreal

4th OA(Habs draft Dubois)

To Nashville

David Desharnais 

Lars eller

To Montreal

17th overall(might not be 17th can't remember)

habs draft Julien Gauthier if available

To Vancouver 

2016 3rd

2017 2nd

To Montreal

Dan Hamhuis

Habs lineup 2016-17

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Carr-Plekanec-Andrighetto

Dubois/Gauthier-Mccaron-Byron

De la rose-Danault-Mitchell

Hamhuis-Subban

Beaulieu-Petry

Markov-Pateryn/barberio/Hanley

Price

Condon

Edmonton gets immediate help on defense and can still draft a defenseman for the future at the 9th spot while Montreal gets Dubois.

Nashville gets some much needed forward depth and Montreal gets a big strong goal scoring winger who is underrated IMAO.

Vancouver gets probably as good a deal as they can for Hamhuis and Montreal gets a legit #2 D-man as Markov can't play those big minutes anymore although he. An still play PP with Subban. Also I think Hamhuis has another 2-3 real solid years left in the tank.

A bit confusing getting a lot of teams involved, but I get the gist of what you are saying. Hamhuis is an UFA so they can get him (if they want him) for nothing but money. Personally I think they can do better.

Galchenyuk is the key to the Habs future, IMHO. He needs to be among the leagues best as the other players, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Plekanec are what they are. They have hit their ceiling and will get no better.

Lots of UFA this year, some really good ones. I think they go for depth in scoring, signing a Hudler or someone like that. He would suit their needs quite well, a goal scorer on the cheap. As for Carr, he is okay but a stretch as anything other than a career third liner. Andrighetto the same.

So forward is IMHO the number one need.If they want Hamhuis there wont be a bidding war.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

A bit confusing getting a lot of teams involved, but I get the gist of what you are saying. Hamhuis is an UFA so they can get him (if they want him) for nothing but money. Personally I think they can do better.

Galchenyuk is the key to the Habs future, IMHO. He needs to be among the leagues best as the other players, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Plekanec are what they are. They have hit their ceiling and will get no better.

Lots of UFA this year, some really good ones. I think they go for depth in scoring, signing a Hudler or someone like that. He would suit their needs quite well, a goal scorer on the cheap. As for Carr, he is okay but a stretch as anything other than a career third liner. Andrighetto the same.

So forward is IMHO the number one need.If they want Hamhuis there wont be a bidding war.

I completely forgot about the Hamhuis thing and although I agree about andrighetto and Carr will be third liners due to the lack of depth in the habs lineup next season I believe they will be on the 2nd line. And I completely agree that galchenyuk is a key piece moving forward but I believe that Gallagher hasn't quite hit his ceiling yet.

Archived