Pens Red Wings at 3pm Sunday

notfondajane

This was/ is one of my favorite match ups! If I had my way the N.H.L would expand to 32 teams. They would have  8. 4 teams division with  Pittsburgh, Detroit, Buffalo and Columbus as 1 of the division. 

I'm  hoping the Wings aren't tanking it the rest of the way! It tends to hurt the quality of the game! 

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

This was/ is one of my favorite match ups! If I had my way the N.H.L would expand to 32 teams. They would have  8. 4 teams division with  Pittsburgh, Detroit, Buffalo and Columbus as 1 of the division. 

I'm  hoping the Wings aren't tanking it the rest of the way! It tends to hurt the quality of the game! 

Well, we played well against the Caps yesterday. Mrazek was the late-2015 Mrazek with some amazing saves. I wouldn't be surprised if they start him today instead of Coreau. If he plays well, it could be a good game.

i don't think we are tanking just yet. We need people to play well to improve their trade values also.

3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Let's hope these 2 team can go another 25 year playoff run!

I'm  hoping the Capitals tired the Wings out!

Nope!

Mrazek seems to have found his game. His last 5 games or so, he has been his old, confident, swaggery self again, finding that balance between being aggressive but not so much that he is unable to recover to make fantastic saves when needed. He was brilliant again in this game.

To boot, a number of our role players really stepped up their games today. Ott was a force. Jensen scored a pretty 2-on-1 breakaway goal with a nice move on Murray. And the top line of Mantha-Zetterberg-Tatar continues to contribute each game since they have been put together. Z has made 3 really nice dishes in the last two games. He really is a great player, certainly our most consistent player this season.

The biggest difference thought is still in the net. Mrazek hasn't played like this almost at all this season until these last 5 games. He pretty much stole yesterday's game, and set G's one up for the offense to pull away enough by making some timely and some spectacular saves, none better than the glove save at the midpoint of the game.

I must say that I am somewhat torn about this recent turn for the better. Mrazek is legitimizing the possibility of trying to make a run to get into the playoffs yet again. I still don't believe it, nor do I believe it is in our best interests to actually do that, since it is extremely unlikely we would ever see the second, much less the third round. I still think getting an early first round pick along with selling at the deadline for more picks is the wisest way forward.

We had Murray doing his Fleury impression!  We missed a prime opportunity to gain ground on the Capitals! I was hoping Murray would wake up Fleury!

The rest of the team seemed to be out of sync! Or not interested in  the offensive zone!  I thought the Pens were thinking they were in white! 

I work overnight at a local restaurant here in Corapolis and was thinking that the Pens are playing for 2nd place to play Columbus in the first round of the playoffs with home ice! SUPPOSEDLY the Pens are the Jackets biggest rival. (Personally I don't think it is that big of a deal.)

Archived